Love Soup Page 3

Quote: zooo @ November 30 2009, 12:28 PM GMT

I only want it if they somehow bring back the American. :(

Was the joke supposed to be that he was actually a bad comedy writer? Because the bits they used to show of his work were always terrible! Having said that, I did enjoy the first series, completely missed the second.

Aw! No, I don't think that was it.

You have to watch it all and in the right order Karlos. Otherwise it won't make much sense.

is it getting a 3rd series?

I wouldn't have thought so. Series 1 was almost complete and I think Renwick was probably persuaded to write a second.

Also it was a few years ago now and I guess that the cast have moved on.

No, I don't think that there was any persuasion involved in Renwick writing Series 2. A third, however; I'm not sure entirely sure that he ever imagined it to be on the cards, at least not after Landes left.

I heard that he wrote the second series, with the same characters as the first, pretty much straight after the first series. It took a couple of years to get the second series commissioned and, by which time, the American actor had gone back to the US to work on something else. The whole second series then had to be re written in double quick time.

I preferred the first series but didn't dislike the second.

The time between the first and second series was, IIRC, not waiting for it to be commissioned but hoping that Landes would return - he'd been offered a role Stateside in what he hoped might be the next big long-running drama.

Quote: Chappers @ May 13 2010, 11:37 PM BST

What the f**k does IIRC mean? I thought we weren't supposed to have text speak/jargon abbreviations on here.

IIRC stands for 'if I recall correctly', and predates mobile phones. It's not text speak, but an Internet acronym.

Quote: steve by any other name @ May 13 2010, 9:16 AM BST

I heard that he wrote the second series, with the same characters as the first, pretty much straight after the first series. It took a couple of years to get the second series commissioned and, by which time, the American actor had gone back to the US to work on something else. The whole second series then had to be re written in double quick time.

I preferred the first series but didn't dislike the second.

A pity they didn't recast him as the whole premise of the show made no sense at all with him gone.

Watching episode 2 now. Alice had a misspelt text from her godson -

"Went for a wamk and thought of you"

Brilliant!