Love Soup

I learned that there are going to be some changes to series two of Love Soup.

For starters, the series will consist of episodes lasting only half-an-hour, with 12 episodes.

Also, Michael Landers will no longer appear as Gil Raymond.

Personally I worried about these changes.

Source of information

shame, i though Michael Landers was great in the first run. wonder if that's his choice or the producers. expect the former?

So, someone else will play him? Or the character's not in it?
Weird.

I thought it was a bit poo to be honest, but only time will tell.

I'm not sure how the show would work as a half an hour instead an hour or without Michael Landers. How reliable is that source?

Yeah, this series was all a bit wet, and the American comedy writer character was pathetic, you really didnt want him to get with the Tasmin Grieg character. Especially painful was when they would show you bits of his actual work, which were all without fail terrible.

I actually liked that character and thought his storylines were funnier.

I remember when Michael Landes was in The New Adventures of Superman as Jimmy Olsen.

Maybe it will be a different character. After all they can't go on avoiding each other for ever. It would be stretching it too far.

By the way I liked it - especially Trudy Styller (or however it's spelt) and the girl with narcolepsy.

Quote: Dave @ April 1, 2007, 5:25 PM

I remember when Michael Landes was in The New Adventures of Superman as Jimmy Olsen.

You're kidding me. Same guy?! No... Can't be!

Aha, I see. He was replaced. Don't remember Landers' characterisation.

I was really excited when I found it there would be a second series, but have to admit my hesitance to accept so many changes at once

Quote: Aaron @ April 1, 2007, 12:14 PM

I thought it was a bit poo to be honest, but only time will tell.

Likewise. Thought it was a blemish on Grieg's comedy CV to be honest.

No - lots of brilliant twists and turns a la "One Foot in the Grave". Very cleverly written.

There might have been. But laugh, I did not.

(And it's notoriously easy to make me laugh.)

Maybe you've got this idea that you have to laugh at a sitcom. Well it wasn't really a itcom was it - more of comedy drama.