Love Soup Page 4

Hehe. I love that episode.

Brilliantly written. A real benchmark.

The girls bought her the box set of Friends because she said she hadn't seen it. She corrected them by saying she didn't watch it. Great!

Ha. She's your ideal woman, basically.

Quote: zooo @ July 4 2010, 9:13 PM BST

Ha. She's your ideal woman, basically.

i wouldn't quite say that. But Trudi Styler's "older friend" is quite sexy.

Top notch show. :)

I only saw series 2, but liked it very much.

Quote: Ben @ July 4 2010, 10:17 PM BST

I only saw series 2, but liked it very much.

Be sure to watch the 1st series. I enjoyed both, but thought the 1st was the better of the two.

I want more of this show, was easy to watch.

Isn't it impossible to continue because of everyone's huge work schedule, including the writer's? It was successful and likeable and yet a new series seems a long way off. This wouldn't have happened in the 70s, top sitcoms took priority and contracts were like gold dust, (most) successful shows ran and ran then. Now no one seems that bothered, they've got other stuff to do. Pleased

At this very minute I'm watching series one, episode 5.

So very good!

I found this programme to be an absolute delight. One of the very few TV comedies worth watching. (My favourites are Twenty Twelve, Mongrels and Stella Street.)

That Renwick has added some post-modern antics to a bitter-sweet comedy drama makes this the freshest comedy in years.

And then came Series 2. I just assumed that Renwick had handed the writing over to some lady Mills and Boon writer having a go at her first screenplay.

What a tragic tragic fall!

A show I need to revisit one day.

Series two wasn't so bad, but I agree, Landes' absence was keenly felt.

:D This is one of the first DVD boxsets I bought on Amazon.co.uk from abroad. I was so glad that it arrived without any hassle from the customs.

Enjoyed Series 1 enormously, but...

Quote: Chappers @ 4th July 2010, 9:06 PM BST

The girls bought her the box set of Friends because she said she hadn't seen it. She corrected them by saying she didn't watch it. Great!

As a non-native English speaker, I really couldn't tell the difference between "haven't seen it" and "didn't watch it". Could anyone kindly explain a bit? Thanks a lot.

(please don't ask me how I enjoyed a show without quite understanding all the conversations) :S

Quote: Cheryl @ 13th April 2014, 1:44 PM BST

As a non-native English speaker, I really couldn't tell the difference between "haven't seen it" and "didn't watch it". Could anyone kindly explain a bit? Thanks a lot.

There's no real difference in the exact meaning. BUT "haven't seen it" does perhaps imply that it was missed, whereas "didn't watch it" has more of an implication that it was consciously avoided.