What are you gaming? Page 42

I was going to buy a PS3 not long ago but haven't really been that enthusiastic about gaming lately.

Oh, Lady-leevil plays Singstar with her mates quite a lot. I play sometimes too, but it's a pain having to call the emergency services in advance every time. Y'know, cos I'm so good ;) Errr

The Dead Rising 2 demo is getting me very excited. Scott Pilgrim on XBox arcade is some old-school fun too. Champing at the bit for Rock Band 3 with 6 string guitar!

I would die without my PS3. I love it terribly.

Quote: David Bussell @ September 14 2010, 3:56 PM BST

The Dead Rising 2 demo is getting me very excited.

Too scary for me!

Gonna have a look for deals online.

I picked Motorsport: Pacific Rift and Brutal Legend up (very) cheap at Argos a couple of months back. BL is good fun, and has Jack Black doing the voice.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ September 14 2010, 3:57 PM BST

I would die without my PS3. I love it terribly.

Me too, but I mostly use my for playing AVIs.

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 14 2010, 4:04 PM BST

I picked Motorsport: Pacific Rift and Brutal Legend up (very) cheap at Argos a couple of months back. BL is good fun, and has Jack Black doing the voice.

Me too, but I mostly use my for playing AVIs.

I have both of those but haven't played much of either.

I've completed Red Dead Redemption now so I'll probably do a bit of multiplayer and then go back and finish the God of War collection then get God of War 3.

for anyone who hasn't played it, Red Dead Redemption is the awesomest game ever. It started off feeling a bit like GTA on horseback (which would have been great, obviously) but it is so much better than that. Can't wait for the DLC which includes new single player stuff.

I really should play the GoW games.

Oh, how I love GoW.

Can I ask, does anyone know if I buy an older model PS3, like an early fat on that could play PS1/PS2 games. Would they still work even after online updates?

Yeah, I managed to completely miss it on PS2 but loved the one on the PSP so when they released GoW3 they released 1&2 remastered for the PS3 so I went out and bought them. I finished 1 and got a large distance through 2 before Read Dead Redemption came out.

I tried Dante's Inferno, thinking it was the same people but it was just a crap rip-off. At least I only wasted a few quid on the PSP version.

If Dante's Inferno is a Devil May Cry game, then yes. They are fooking shite. Really hated them with a lot of passion.

Quote: Leevil @ September 14 2010, 4:28 PM BST

Can I ask, does anyone know if I buy an older model PS3, like an early fat on that could play PS1/PS2 games. Would they still work even after online updates?

Not new you can't. From what I understand, pretty much alll PS3s can play PS1 games and only some can play PS2 games. The PS2 bit was hardwired in so updates shouldn't stop them being able to run but I don't think you can buy a new PS3 which plays PS2 games any more. No doubt there's some on eBay.

Quote: Leevil @ September 14 2010, 4:28 PM BST

Oh, how I love GoW.

Only the first 80g release of the PS3s wer ebackwad compatible, but they're almost impossible to buy. And they were only compatible with PS2. But a PS2 will only cost you about £20, and they play all PS2 and PS1 games.

OK, cheers guys. Was just looking on eBay and saw some older models. Want to keep some of my gf PS2 games, cos I ain't buying the whole Singstar shite collection again! And I don't really have room to have two consoles under the telly.

Quote: Leevil @ September 14 2010, 4:29 PM BST

If Dante's Inferno is a Devil May Cry game, then yes. They are fooking shite. Really hated them with a lot of passion.

And Devil May Cry is a rejected Resident Evil. They just changed the models and Made DEVIL May Cry, and instead made Resident Evil 4, one of the best video games ever. So you know. Speaks volumes really.

I don't include Half Life obviously Which is the business and the best FPS ever made.