What are you gaming? Page 39

The original Super Mario Kart is being released on the Wii Virtual console tomorrow, so I think I'll buy that & take a drive down memory lane.

Playing Just Cause 2. Not the 1st person shooter type that I usually play, but a fun game nevertheless.

Quote: Paul W @ March 11 2010, 8:50 AM BST

Played Xbox 360 round my mates last night COD whatever number they're at now 19? And I love it, I must own a Xbox360! or a Wii...

You were doing well there Paul until the last word. What you said was: 'Had sex last night and I love it! Must get a girlfriend. Or a boyfriend...'

Just downloaded the new Zombie Island pack for Borderlands. Starting to realise that about 50% of my gaming collection is undead orientated...

Quote: David Bussell @ April 12 2010, 10:13 AM BST

Just downloaded the new Zombie Island pack for Borderlands. Starting to realise that about 50% of my gaming collection is undead orientated...

The zombies are very entertaining in that one. :)

Quote: Godot Taxis @ April 12 2010, 10:04 AM BST

You were doing well there Paul until the last word. What you said was: 'Had sex last night and I love it! Must get a girlfriend. Or a boyfriend...'

Laughing out loud Point taken!

Just finished Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. Excellent game, very cinematic.

Now I can start GTA: Episodes from Liberty City :D

Nice one Nil, I'm replaying Gay Tony at the moment to get the 100% in all missions achievement (sexy time - you motherf**ker!).

I'd be interested to hear what you think of the game's humour. It's impossible to discuss this on game forums as the average gamer skips all cut-scenes and doesn't recognise satire or wit. I found it hilarious and very clever.

Well here was plenty of humour in GTA IV so I'm expecting more from this. :)

Quote: Godot Taxis @ April 26 2010, 2:42 AM BST

Nice one Nil, I'm replaying Gay Tony at the moment to get the 100% in all missions achievement (sexy time - you motherf**ker!).

I'd be interested to hear what you think of the game's humour. It's impossible to discuss this on game forums as the average gamer skips all cut-scenes and doesn't recognise satire or wit. I found it hilarious and very clever.

To be fair, visuals aside, there are hardly any games out there that don't deserve a hasty 'skip' when it comes to cut scenes. The Ballad of Gay Tony is a rare exception. Actually, a lot of the GTA dialogue is worth paying attention to, indeed GTA IV has to be the only game I actually quote with any regularity, in particular the line "It makes my balls tingle!"

Quote: David Bussell @ April 26 2010, 10:12 AM BST

To be fair, visuals aside, there are hardly any games out there that don't deserve a hasty 'skip' when it comes to cut scenes. The Ballad of Gay Tony is a rare exception. Actually, a lot of the GTA dialogue is worth paying attention to, indeed GTA IV has to be the only game I actually quote with any regularity, in particular the line "It makes my balls tingle!"

Maybe I'm more of a woman than you Dave, but I like cutscenes and I watch 'em all - although mass effect got me hovering over the green button.

The humour in GTA is so subtle that you have to look for it. I noticed the other day that the prison vans are managed by gruppe 6 ie a german version of gruppo 4 - so 'group sechs'. The parachutes also have 'Pro laps' written on them which I didn't notice for a long time.

Are there any new performers of note in the Comedy Clubs?

Frankie Boyle is at Split Sides in Lost and Damned. Club's not available in Gay Tony. You get to meet Brucie's midget brother Mori though and of course there's Omid Djalili as Yusif.

Hmmm, I don't think I'll venture in there then.

Caved in and bought Tony Hawks Proving Ground for the Xbox 360 (when I already had it on the PS2) so I can get my hands on those pesky achivement points.
I'm such a 'chevo whore.