Shame you can't cross platforms online.

You want the Moon on a stick you do!

Is that a euphemism for "up the arse"?

Well it wasn't but..
No it still Isn't
:D

I feel like a right stick now :( ;)

Quote: Nil Putters @ December 21 2009, 9:46 PM GMT

DVD and Blu-Ray player included, free online gaming and it's not Microsoft. :)

You forgot to mention the choppy framerates and inferior graphics that appear every now and again on the PS3 versions. Assassin's Creed II appears to be a recent case in point. The sony hardware is superior in many ways but it's more cost effective to code for the PC and Xbox than the PS3 so this is unlikely to ever change.

The PS3 is much better looking than the Xbox if that's important to you. The 360 looks like somebody kicked the sides in. And it's the colour of lifeless skin.

Good joke about Tiger Woods btw.

Quote: PhQnix @ December 13 2009, 12:05 AM GMT

I found myself much more drawn into the sequel. I did not play the first game properly but, from what I saw, I felt that the sequel seemed to vary the action a bit more. The addition of things such as the Assassin's Tombs seemed to add that diversity which I felt was lacking in the original. I still love the brilliant feeling when you execute perfect assassinations though.

I think most people didn't concentrate on the first game properly - certainly they didn't watch the cut scenes and missed out on the whole arc of the story which carries you through the game. AC2 is basically Grand Theft Auto 1494. Altaïr has gone from being a master assassin to being an odd job man like Niko Bellic. Some of the AC2 missions are even called 'Nun the Wiser' and "Philanderer on the Roof' which shows a clear case of a development team losing the tone of the original and being too influenced by an unrelated and dissimilar game. Some of the new mechanics work well, but the game's lost it's soul. Who the f**k would want to kill some c**t in a gondola in venice when you can gallop across the holy land and meet Richard II? All of the assassinations in AC2 are unmemorable and feel a bit like just killing guards.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ December 23 2009, 1:49 AM GMT

You forgot to mention the choppy framerates and inferior graphics that appear every now and again on the PS3 versions. Assassin's Creed II appears to be a recent case in point.

Good joke about Tiger Woods btw.

These things tend to be solved with game updates, after the release. But fair point.

Thanks. :)

Whilst I've been home for Christmas, I decided to dig out my old N64. Whilst I haven't got many games for it (three to be precise), I keep thinking how fun it looks, the console itself.

It looks like a console, like a toy like it should be played with (oo err)

Whereas modern consoles look like fancy DVD players.

As a gadget fan, I still think they look *fun* but it's not the same...

Is it?

[bored]

Has sootyj bought Bayonetta yet? Sarah Palin in skin tight rubber and / or naked, how can he resist?

Playing Borderlands, as the skeevy looking sniper guy. Very good 1st person shooter. :)

RC ever since I found you are infact SaraP the charm has just faded.
Of late I;ve been playing Tetris and stuff on me old Dreamcast.
Current games consoles take themselves way to seriously except for the Wii.

But that's kinda gay.

http://www.dailyhaha.com/_flash/Fart_Fart_Game.htm

Korean fart flash game, better than anything on the gaymo PS3

I just bought Borderlands on the XBox. Can anyone tell me how much of my life I'm about to lose?

AVP "Killin Moves" trailer.