I read the news today oh boy! Page 84

I never played princesses. I was either a soldier or a witch.

I was always the Cheetara from Thundercats.

Quote: EllieJP @ February 5 2010, 3:10 PM GMT

I was always the Cheetara from Thundercats.

She's very sexy in the first ever episode. All sexy and nudey.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ February 5 2010, 1:53 PM GMT

Just watched a story on BBC London News about the new Disney film Princess and the Frog. It featured a black mother who was pleased that there was a new film featuring a black woman as a princess.

Now, I found this a tad confusing, Africa is full of princesses who are black, but she wanted a European representation of a princess who was black.

Obviously, European royalty has been exclusively caucasian since it's inception, but then again, these are meant to be fairytales, so you can do with them whatever you like.

I think the question I'm trying to ask is should there be racial equality amongst old European fairytales and thier character depictions?

Is it the old political correctness gone mad or is it denying British black girls from playing princesses?

First person to mention 'Snow Black' wins some Twiglets.

I think it's quite sad.

Quote: DaButt @ February 5 2010, 2:11 PM GMT

1) The fact that "glass crimes" exist in such numbers.

2) The fact that your government thinks it's going to solve the violence problem by making unbreakable glasses.

1) That's the alcohol culture we have. I'd go for chopping off the offenders' arms.

2) If you think that's an insane method of combatting crime, you're not very familiar with our recent Governments.

I didn't play princesses either.
We reenacted scenes from Fame and Grease... :/

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ February 5 2010, 3:01 PM GMT

Do they crash their Barbie jeeps in tunnels and hold make believe funeral cortages?

Laughing out loud

This is going to sound like a really stupid question - but how exactly do little girls 'play' princesses?

Do they pretend to make important socio-political decisions as head of state? Do they visit sick stuffed animals in the hospital and patronise them? Do they crash their Barbie jeeps in tunnels and hold make believe funeral cortages?

And why is there a Disney Princess Kitchen? Surely if you were a senior rank of European nobility with lands and titles, you would have servants to make and deliver your food?

I mean Mermaids, I can understand, they can go underwater and talk to fishies, but being a princess sounds boring.

Presumably it involves f**king hairy Ayrabs.

Quote: zooo @ February 5 2010, 5:34 PM GMT

I didn't play princesses either. We reenacted scenes from Fame and Grease... :/

No wonder you're indistinguishable from a gay man!

You bitch!
*sashays off*

Quote: Aaron @ February 5 2010, 5:33 PM GMT

1) That's the alcohol culture we have. I'd go for chopping off the offenders' arms.

2) If you think that's an insane method of combatting crime, you're not very familiar with our recent Governments.

:D

Maybe the law should force all pub patrons to wear motorcycle helmets and safety goggles. As it's only a matter of time before someone is bludgeoned to death by a sausage, enjoy your non-foam-wrapped bangers while you can.

The problem with black princesses is that they grow up to be...

And if you like lame "black queen" jokes, how about...

This is going to sound like a really stupid question - but how exactly do little girls 'play' princesses?

Ask Jordan.

Quote: chipolata @ February 5 2010, 2:23 PM GMT

It's just a fairy tail!

I didn't know fairies had tails - just wings.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ February 5 2010, 1:53 PM GMT

Just watched a story on BBC London News about the new Disney film Princess and the Frog. It featured a black mother who was pleased that there was a new film featuring a black woman as a princess.

Now, I found this a tad confusing, Africa is full of princesses who are black, but she wanted a European representation of a princess who was black.

If Charles had had his way it could've been Sheila Ferguson.

Quote: DaButt @ February 5 2010, 6:31 PM GMT

:D

Maybe the law should force all pub patrons to wear motorcycle helmets and safety goggles. As it's only a matter of time before someone is bludgeoned to death by my sausage, enjoy my non-foam-wrapped ass bangers while you can.

I thought Texas was a dangerous place but not that dangerous.

Quote: sootyj @ February 5 2010, 8:26 PM GMT

I thought Texas was a dangerous place but not that dangerous.

When it comes to bar fights, Texans have better weapons than broken pint glasses.

As I implied with my puckish editing.