I read the news today oh boy! Page 83

Especially when they intefer with reporting on Jordan's new marriage.

Quote: AngieBaby @ February 3 2010, 10:13 PM GMT

I'd prefer if the tabloids took that cash, gave it to the Haiti appeal and said 'We don't care' to the whole thing.

Why do they have to inflict more bloody charity records on us?

We'd respect these "stars" more if instead of giving their time to make a record they just gave a wad of their money to the charity instead.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8497287.stm

I don't know about you but was the buyer pissed or something?

I think I could knock up one of them, couple of pipe cleaners for legs.

Quote: bigfella @ February 3 2010, 10:59 PM GMT

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8497287.stm

I don't know about you but was the buyer pissed or something?

I think I could knock up one of them, couple of pipe cleaners for legs.

I love his artwork and I think it's worth every penny. Wish I could afford them ...

Quote: Morrace @ February 3 2010, 10:48 PM GMT

Roodeyus, one of The Dead Sea Trolls

Please. Say it isn't so.

Quote: DaButt @ February 4 2010, 12:43 AM GMT

I love his artwork and I think it's worth every penny. Wish I could afford them ...

Really? Over a hundred million dollars for that?

This one almost rendered me speechless:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/8495617.stm

What? The terrible glass crimes? Or the change of the pint glass?

Quote: DaButt @ February 5 2010, 11:35 AM GMT

This one almost rendered me speechless:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/8495617.stm

Do they offend the US constitutional right to bear arms and pint glasses?

Just watched a story on BBC London News about the new Disney film Princess and the Frog. It featured a black mother who was pleased that there was a new film featuring a black woman as a princess.

Now, I found this a tad confusing, Africa is full of princesses who are black, but she wanted a European representation of a princess who was black.

Obviously, European royalty has been exclusively caucasian since it's inception, but then again, these are meant to be fairytales, so you can do with them whatever you like.

I think the question I'm trying to ask is should there be racial equality amongst old European fairytales and thier character depictions?

Is it the old political correctness gone mad or is it denying British black girls from playing princesses?

First person to mention 'Snow Black' wins some Twiglets.

I just saw that too!
I felt a tiny bit left out when I was little because all the princesses were blonde and I was brunette! So I suppose skin colour is going to be pretty much the same.
Dunno.
They shouldn't make a big deal out of it, just write a few books.

Quote: EllieJP @ February 5 2010, 11:48 AM GMT

What? The terrible glass crimes? Or the change of the pint glass?

1) The fact that "glass crimes" exist in such numbers.

2) The fact that your government thinks it's going to solve the violence problem by making unbreakable glasses.

We had all this bunkum when they had a black Friar Tuck in Robin Hood. It's just a fairy tail, there's no harm in having a black princess. Good luck to them!

Quote: zooo @ February 5 2010, 2:05 PM GMT

I just saw that too!
I felt a tiny bit left out when I was little because all the princesses were blonde and I was brunette!

Think how I felt too when the pretty ones like Belle and Jasmine were brunette!

Quote: DaButt @ February 5 2010, 2:11 PM GMT

1) The fact that "glass crimes" exist in such numbers.

2) The fact that your government thinks it's going to solve the violence problem by making unbreakable glasses.

I had no idea glass crime was that bad either. I don't go to nasty places where that type of thing happens.

This is going to sound like a really stupid question - but how exactly do little girls 'play' princesses?

Do they pretend to make important socio-political decisions as head of state? Do they visit sick stuffed animals in the hospital and patronise them? Do they crash their Barbie jeeps in tunnels and hold make believe funeral cortages?

And why is there a Disney Princess Kitchen? Surely if you were a senior rank of European nobility with lands and titles, you would have servants to make and deliver your food?

I mean Mermaids, I can understand, they can go underwater and talk to fishies, but being a princess sounds boring.