I read the news today oh boy! Page 625

No it's definitely 'bad' in general. And both the crimes should be punished just the same. But to me what he did seems a bit cheeky, whereas the other type seems really seedy. Very odd, my brain.

Quote: zooo @ January 9 2012, 12:06 PM GMT

Hee!

Why is it that what he did (went to self service machine and just didn't scan some of his shopping) doesn't seem as bad as 'traditional' shoplifting (someone hiding stuff in their coat as they walk around the shop)?

I don't know, but you're right; it doesn't seem like the same thing at all.

I've only used the self scanning machine twice in all, and that was after being kindly 'forced' to by hovering staff eager to get the queues down. I reckon it's dead easy to forget to scan something...I didn't by the way Pleased but Worral Thompson admits guilt so that wasn't the case with him, how embarrassing for him. He's always reminded me of Henry VIII, not that that's got sod all to do with anything.

If shops try to cut costs by not having proper check outs they deserve to have shoplifters descend on them like a plague of locusts.

Laughing out loud

"A camera was set up amid concerns that the famed chef had been stealing from the store five times over a 16-day period."

Sounds like a Viz spoof.

He could do a new daytime TV gameshow- Celebrity Shoplifting
Anthony Worral Thompson, Winona Ryder and Richard Madeley lead the three teams who compete to nick as much stuff as possible within two minutes, without being seen by the security guard (Stephen Lewis).

Shouldn't laugh really...Laughing out loud

Quote: youngian @ January 9 2012, 12:39 PM GMT

He could do a new daytime TV quiz- Celebrity Shoplifting
Anthony Worral Thompson, Winona Ryder and Richard Madeley lead the three teams who compete to nick as much stuff as possible within two minutes, without being seen by the security guard (Stephen Lewis).

Laughing out loud I'd watch it.

Isn't their some psychological condition that causes people to shop lift or is Worral Thompson just a cheap little tea leaf?

Also: hoping for a speedy recovery for a towering rock legend-

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2012/01/09/black-sabbath-s-tony-iommi-treated-for-cancer-115875-23691970

There's a whole collection of psychological motivations; need to be punished, cry for help, the adrenal rush of getting away with things.

That he stole from something as chavvy as Tesco makes me suspect it was a desire to be seen as publicly vile and judged. Similar to why people pay dominant to thump them.

Except with halfinching wine.

Tesco is hardly the chavviest of supermarkets!
It's right in the middle I'd say.

He lives in Henley, Waitrose is chavvy there.

nb I shop at Waitrose, but only when stuff has been majorly reduced. erm does that make me a scratter?

I had a girlfriend who used to work for Worral Thompson. Apparently, even though you shouldn't judge by appearances, in this case you'd be right to do so. He's as good as he looks.

do wah?

I took it to mean that he is not a very nice person.