I read the news today oh boy! Page 624

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jan/07/breast-implant-lansley-private-treatment

Looks like NHS is going to have to pay for any breast implant removal after private clinics, ever so surprisingly, said 'nah'.

Quote: ToddB @ January 8 2012, 1:02 PM GMT

It's interesting that the two big news items on BCG are the return of what can now be called 'veteran' comedy writers - with Curtis and Elton working together again and the BBC asking Saunders for a new series of "Absolutely Fabulous".
There has been plenty to enjoy in recent years, in sketch and comedy, but fewer writers seem (in my opinion) to be developing a body of work - a writer or team come along, run a great show for a few sereis, and then the ideas seem to run out - they don't go much further - or scale back. There don't seem to be people developing the range of work over many years of Curtis, Elton, French and Saunders, Mayall and Edmonson, Fry and Laurie, Atikinson et cetera.
It seems rather inevitable that television producers should return to them for something sustainable and with an assured following.

There have been more recent examples of writers building a body of work; people like Linehan, and Armando iannucci.

Quote: Oldrocker @ January 8 2012, 12:37 AM GMT

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16458524

Wanker, wanker, wanker !

what a Joye Deacon!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 8 2012, 1:12 PM GMT

There have been more recent examples of writers building a body of work; people like Linehan, and Armando iannucci.

Yeah, there's quite a few others with a body of impressive work, including Mitchell and Webb, the Peep Show writers, the League of Gentlemen boys, Hugo Blick, Pegg and Wright, Coogan, etc. And as interesting as Elton and Curtis writing together is, it's been a while since either was a major force in comedy. I'll wait to see it before getting too excited.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-16465934

Naughty boy!

Erk, how embarrassing. Didn't this happen to Richard Madeley? Only that was an actual mistake.

Quote: zooo @ January 9 2012, 11:31 AM GMT

Erk, how embarrassing. Didn't this happen to Richard Madeley? Only that was an actual mistake.

I've not read Will's link, but I'm guessing it's about marrying a much older, less attractive woman... Whistling nnocently

:O

*laughs maniacally*
*resumes zooo-baiting*

Cats are rubbish.

Quote: Rob H @ January 9 2012, 11:44 AM GMT

I've not read Will's link, but I'm guessing it's about marrying a much older, less attractive woman... Whistling nnocently

Laughing out loud

Quote: Rob H @ January 9 2012, 11:49 AM GMT

*laughs maniacally*
*resumes zooo-baiting*

Cats are rubbish.

*unravels Rob's avatar and uses it for knitting*

*Knits a scarf. For her cat*

Quote: zooo @ January 9 2012, 11:31 AM GMT

He was found not guilty

Quote: zooo @ January 9 2012, 11:53 AM GMT

Laughing out loud Comeback of the year.

Quote: zooo @ January 9 2012, 11:53 AM GMT

:(

Quote: Will Cam @ January 9 2012, 11:58 AM GMT

Laughing out loud Comeback of the year.

I got zooo-ed. Teary

Hee!

Why is it that what he did (went to self service machine and just didn't scan some of his shopping) doesn't seem as bad as 'traditional' shoplifting (someone hiding stuff in their coat as they walk around the shop)?

Quote: zooo @ January 9 2012, 12:06 PM GMT

Hee!

Why is it that what he did (went to self service machine and just didn't scan some of his shopping)

Five times in sixteen days ?