I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,261

A Posh Spice venture that actually makes money.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-shropshire-55932126

Uncanny.

"I was allowed to believe things that weren't true, and I would ask questions about them and talk about them. And that is absolutely what I regret."

Marjorie Taylor Greene

So in future if any of us talk a load old of cobblers on here it's not our fault because we were allowed to believe it by everyone else (I suppose)

Sanity prevailed....probably.

A dustbin man was sacked for kicking the head off a snowman during his rounds.
He was filmed by a householder and 5000 people complained via a complaints forum to the council
They all called for his sacking.

After he was sacked - over 5000 people voted for him to be reinstated.
And he was.

Is this a symptom of lockdown madness?

That story sounds a bit like "Video proof that Marilyn Monroe is alive and working at Skegness B&Q, gets destroyed in freak accident.". Is working at the council a bit like Britain's got talent, the public can vote you off now ? I wonder if we can use crowd power to reduce council taxes ?

Sacking him was silly

But he sounds like a miserable wanker

Oh look some kids have made a snow man - let's boot it's head off

Tosser

Quote: Firkin @ 5th February 2021, 7:36 PM

That story sounds a bit like "Video proof that Marilyn Monroe is alive and working at Skegness B&Q, gets destroyed in freak accident.". Is working at the council a bit like Britain's got talent, the public can vote you off now ? I wonder if we can use crowd power to reduce council taxes ?

Wouldn't it be a good idea if we could get the public to vote on leaving the EU or even who runs the country.

Quote: lofthouse @ 5th February 2021, 8:09 PM

Sacking him was silly

But he sounds like a miserable wanker

Oh look some kids have made a snow man - let's boot it's head off

Tosser

Agreed. I just saw the video and he doesn't just kick the head off he then repeatedly kicks the rest of it until it crumbles to the ground. He's working a dangerous job around heavy machinery and road traffic he shouldn't be acting like he's at a kickboxing gym but he's 19 and doesn't realise that kind of thing can cost you your job. I assume he hasn't been employed for more than two years in the job otherwise he would have a case for unfair dismissal and breach of contract because what he did was stupid but doesn't constitute gross misconduct and to be sacked without a hearing.

If I worked with someone like that I wouldn't be too fussed if they got sacked and I never saw them again. Probably some MMA wannabe who gets drunk and picks fights with bouncers. All these people in the news that get sacked are never employed for more than two years because if they were the last thing they should be doing is going to the papes. It's the tabloids and their finger pointing journalism at its best.

Quote: Chappers @ 5th February 2021, 9:31 PM

Wouldn't it be a good idea if we could get the public to vote on leaving the EU or even who runs the country.

:D

Pubs to open in April - but no beer.
Swimming pools to open but no water
Brothels to open but only look

What else?

I expect some of you remember the radio, and short lived on TV series "I've Never Seen Star Wars", in which Marcus Brigstocke gets celebs who haven't seen that film to experience other things they've never tried/done. (I really enjoyed the TV version - shame it disappeared).

Well, the same can be said for me - I have never seen the "Sound of Music", and I think somebody who was in it has just died. Just sayin'.

Unfortunately for me - I have seen it

I almost wished the Nazis had shot 'em all at the end

4 knife attacks in Croydon within 2 hours. The police say "there is no reason to link these attacks"!

WTF!!!!

Hmmm.

Mr Zahawi said vaccine passports would be "discriminatory" and it wasn't clear what impact they would have on transmission of the virus.

Quote: Chappers @ 7th February 2021, 5:18 PM

Hmmm.

Mr Zahawi said vaccine passports would be "discriminatory" and it wasn't clear what impact they would have on transmission of the virus.

I've still got a vaccination 'passport' from when I went to the Azores (Islands, part of Portugal) back in 1973 and 74.