I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,260

I get up, put Sky News on and the first thing I see is Tony Blair. Anyone else think he's like one of those bonkers US tv religious charlatans?

My understanding is that our (UK or GB) underwriting of the development of these vaccines by placing firm orders and speedy approval, enabled the likes of Astra Zenica and Pfizer to have the confidence to proceed at an unheard of pace,
I would have expected the EU to have done the same with their huge finances and massive resources, Between us we should be vaccinating the world...and giving the global economy CPR.

Captain Tom Moore is in hospital with coronavirus, his daughter has said.

A statement on Twitter said that the 100-year-old was hospitalised on Sunday after requiring "help with his breathing" and that he is not in intensive care

:(

Praying for you Captain Tom - you hold in there!

I've no knowledge of Kiss, the outrageous American rock combo, and couldn't name you one of their recordings, but they had Gene Simmons on GMB this morning speaking live from Canada (for some reason) and I found him articulate, interesting, funny and he talked a lot of sense, especially relating to the covid/jab deniers in the US using their interpretation of their "rights" to disbelieve and refuse injections.

Good man.

My question now is, should I buy a Kiss album?

Nope. They're awful!

Quote: playfull @ 31st January 2021, 4:13 PM

I would have expected the EU to have done the same with their huge finances and massive resources,

Ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 1st February 2021, 10:55 AM

Good man.

They did do a version of God Gave Rock and Roll to you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybmEK64OkjA

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 1st February 2021, 10:55 AM

I've no knowledge of Kiss, the outrageous American rock combo, and couldn't name you one of their recordings, but they had Gene Simmons on GMB this morning speaking live from Canada (for some reason) and I found him articulate, interesting, funny and he talked a lot of sense, especially relating to the covid/jab deniers in the US using their interpretation of their "rights" to disbelieve and refuse injections.

Good man.

They dressed up in make up and encouraged every heterosexual teenage boy to think that was a right old laugh so you could get into gear behind it. The only reason why the upper classes have manufactured themselves - and with your Latin you ain't frorm comprehensive school, fella - is by imagining their bods as female tarts. They are so put off by their masculinty by prep schools that their hard ons can only occur from doing their utmost to be a scarlet woman. That is how they sire seven kids. Not even that but the real straight ejaculation only happens when they think of rouging their cheeks and doing lipstick on an orifice.

So, no, of you who find the grandads funny, you have totally lost the plot since Hancock and Bilko. In contrast, I am a natural heir of the entire history as we have known it. That is what gets your goat. Well, eat it rather than having it constantly pecking at yer beak. My parents met a bloke like you when I still believed they were sane. B, B and EM in Lynton. The geezer had anger issues because the mountain goats ingested his petunias so he would just shoot them and serve them up as the evening meal. Lawless but no worse than cruising in public convneiences before 9pm when kids could still be around. That is totally out of order.

Incidentally, people get me so wrong. Why I think Saint Cuthbert was - (well, I guess the term would be "hot" though hasn't that been bigged up for boobs on a frosty morning) - more impressive than women, I have never come close to spunk except my own. It doesn't appal me but you all creme freche if you want to.

I was so shocked by these Marilyn Manson sex allegations. He always seemed such a sweet, soft, harmless bunny. Every lady's dream son-in-law. What a disappointment.

A new news channel is soon to be launched GB-news.
It says it will be independent, accurate and balanced
Andrew Neil will front it and even Dan Wooton has been enrolled.

It seems to have greatly upset the moral high-ground lefties before a single word has been broadcast.

Not sure it's that dramatic a move, now that the Right-leaning press have such a strong online presence.
The media lines are becoming increasingly blurred.
It'll be under the same OFCOM strictures as other news programs, so it won't be able to get away with Fox News style rabble-rousing.
It'll be hilariously right-wing, of course but then, so's half the country, so fair do's.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 3rd February 2021, 10:58 AM

It seems to have greatly upset the moral high-ground lefties before a single word has been broadcast.

I don't think anybody particularly cares. I just Dan Wooton can get over his tedious Megan Markle obsession long enough to concentrate on some actual news.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 3rd February 2021, 10:58 AM

GB-news...greatly upset the moral high-ground lefties before a single word has been broadcast.

Is that their first headline ? They'll be in trouble if something interesting happens outside of GB.

I keep reading about people being fined £XXX for breaching Covid rules. How many of them will actually pay though and if they can't or won't pay what will happen to them?

(I've thought this before and if I've already made a similar post please excuse me!)

Three women Directors nominated for Golden Globes?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55916772

Fnar fnar!