I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,259

I'll say, our chief export at the moment appears to be on line influencers running around Dubai half naked.
On the plus side NEWS GB is recruiting every f**kwit it can from mind numbing Malone to two bob Eva Braun Oakshott. So with all them in one place we can now watch TV in peace by simply avoiding it.

Quote: Lazzard @ 29th January 2021, 2:38 PM

It seems a very badly worded contract lies at the heart of the problem.

How is it badly worded?
Badly understood more likely.

So now the totally untrustworthy EU junta have decided to ignore something they signed.
They might think they are getting one over on the UK but all the member states are watching.

I'd reckon that the odds are much greater that the contract was (willfully) badly interpreted rather than badly written. Huge contracts between huge entities are unlikely to be shoddily written.

Getting ready to reschedule my family trip to Dublin and the UK. Please have the Covid thing squared away by August!

This vaccine issue has just summed up again what a horrible world it is

The richest nations have vaccinated about 40 million people so far - the poorest nations have so far vaccinated TWENTY FIVE people

Serve us right if this virus killed off the whole bloody lot of us

Quote: billwill @ 29th January 2021, 2:31 PM

I expect that the EU commission will get right-uppity and ban the export of those ingredients (supposedly not in short supply) that the UK firms need to make the vaccines that the EU is 'demanding'.

The gravy-train is coming apart at the seams.

What do we NEED that only they can supply?

Freedom of movement and the Erasmus payments that will enrich our youth as they serve to maintain the stability and peace that was so dearly fought for.

Quote: lofthouse @ 29th January 2021, 5:43 PM

This vaccine issue has just summed up again what a horrible world it is

The richest nations have vaccinated about 40 million people so far - the poorest nations have so far vaccinated TWENTY FIVE people

Serve us right if this virus killed off the whole bloody lot of us

The rich don't seem to realize they need poor people.Who is going to make their design label flip flops?

Freedom of movement?? I didn't realise we were all locked in the uk .
Did you get an Erasmus payment? Do you know anyone who did?

Put another record on

My daughter as able to study and teach in Barcelona and I download music as I haven't had a record player for quite awhile.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 29th January 2021, 6:15 PM

Freedom of movement and the Erasmus payments that will enrich our youth as they serve to maintain the stability and peace that was so dearly fought for.

Nobody's got freedom of movement at the moment.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 29th January 2021, 7:07 PM

My daughter as able to study and teach in Barcelona and I download music as I haven't had a record player for quite awhile.

Why not? I hope you're paying the artists a reasonable amount.

It was joke this use to be a comedy page.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 29th January 2021, 5:30 PM

How is it badly worded?

Just quoting some business guy off the news.
anyway, every man for himself, isn't that what Brexit was about?
The lawyers will just have to duke it out.
Shame the world can't work together on this.

Quote: Chappers @ 29th January 2021, 6:09 PM

What do we NEED that only they can supply?

Dunno, but the reports say that the reason Astra-etc said they might not be able to supply all the orders was because suppliers of some ingredients which are imported from the EU are themselves having production problems.

Quote: billwill @ 30th January 2021, 12:52 AM

because suppliers of some ingredients which are imported from the EU are themselves having production problems.

A shortage of syringes, our Brexit negotiators led them to believe there were far, far more pricks in the EU. :P

Quote: Firkin @ 30th January 2021, 1:55 AM

A shortage of syringes, our Brexit negotiators led them to believe there were far, far more pricks in the EU. :P

My town is clearly getting loads of covid vaccinations. Syringes all over the pavements........