I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,233

Quote: Chappers @ 4th December 2020, 8:55 PM

Or Lorraine.

I can see clearly now she's gone

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 5th December 2020, 10:28 AM

As Churchill said, 'a lie can be half way round the world before the truth can get its boots on."

Oh no, the boo's brothers are on the case.

In the words of Vic Reeves - we wouldn't let it lie.

The Boo's Brothers? Don't think I know them?
Have heard Churchill was very fond of the Boo's though.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 4th December 2020, 7:28 PM

I don't understand why they have to pour 45,000 pints of beer away. Maybe with barrels already open but any sealed barrels can be picked up by the brewery and sold. The barrels have a long enough shelf life.

Crazy that pubs are being banned from selling alcohol.

Also aged beer is an interesting drink anyway, it tastes more like a hop wine than a beer.

I know because I used to do some home brewing and there was one demijohn that I stored in my garage & forgot about for about 3 years. When I found it again I decided to try it and it was nice, so I polished off the whole gallon.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12-06/donald-trump-holds-rally-in-georgia-first-since-us-election/12954882

"Donald Trump has told crowds in Georgia, without evidence, he has "never lost an election", in his first political rally since losing the presidential election.

Amid chants of "four more years" and "we love you", Mr Trump said he had won "many places" and claimed election results in Georgia - which Democrat Joe Biden won - were subject to "corruption"."

I think we are going to have 4 more years of rabble rousing rallies.He's angry about being cheated out of the White House and eager for retribution.He'll be back ,madder than ever.

He's mental, end of.

Quote: billwill @ 5th December 2020, 11:56 PM

Also aged beer is an interesting drink anyway, it tastes more like a hop wine than a beer.

I know because I used to do some home brewing and there was one demijohn that I stored in my garage & forgot about for about 3 years. When I found it again I decided to try it and it was nice, so I polished off the whole gallon.

I did the same with some strawberry wine. Forgot about it for years then on a clear out I found two demi-johns.
It was pink or rose coloured when I brewed it but over the years it went clear. I only knew it was strawberry because I had labelled it.

It was horrible, I could have run my car off it.

Scheer ole palsh, hic jsholly ole palsh..............................

Quote: john tregorran @ 6th December 2020, 1:08 AM

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12-06/donald-trump-holds-rally-in-georgia-first-since-us-election/12954882

"Donald Trump has told crowds in Georgia, without evidence, he has "never lost an election", in his first political rally since losing the presidential election.

Amid chants of "four more years" and "we love you", Mr Trump said he had won "many places" and claimed election results in Georgia - which Democrat Joe Biden won - were subject to "corruption"."

I think we are going to have 4 more years of rabble rousing rallies.He's angry about being cheated out of the White House and eager for retribution.He'll be back ,madder than ever.

It's absurd, of course. There's no serious doubt about the result at all. He lost fair and square and the vast majority accept that.
I fear you might be right about the rallies though. Unless he goes to prison soon which seems possible.

If he plays golf, he's alright by me.

I'm convinced all this last minute faffing around to get a trade deal is pure theatre

A deal will definitely be done but Johnson wants to leave it to the very last seconds so he can then claim it as this big victory and take all the credit like he managed to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat blah blah

It's all just a stupid game

Because frankly If they didn't agree a deal- they would have to be certifiably insane

This deal....EU, we want our way or else.
Or else what?

Quote: john tregorran @ 6th December 2020, 1:08 AM

His current antics probably will make it less likely that he would win an election in 4 years time.

Quote: billwill @ 6th December 2020, 2:15 PM

His current antics probably will make it less likely that he would win an election in 4 years time.

I think you're probably right.
It only takes about 5% of Republicans to feel he's a bit too barmy to stop him getting re-elected.