I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,231

Not big on Jokes, or keeping up on current events.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 1st December 2020, 10:24 PM

If you don't quote someone then you're just talking about yourself.

Most Dems would cosy up snugly with the Tories, if I was a lefty I wouldn't get too excited about Biden.

Quote: john tregorran @ 1st December 2020, 11:10 PM

Most Dems would cosy up snugly with the Tories, if I was a lefty I wouldn't get too excited about Biden.

A bit of an odd criticism. Why would he be cosying up to the Tories?

Quote: Chappers @ 1st December 2020, 10:16 PM

I really don't know. Why do you bother?

Why do I bother? Just making a point! Biden's not even president yet anyway. Nothing he's announced has been particularly troubling so far.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 1st December 2020, 10:24 PM

Unclear who or what you're talking about here.

Biden broke his foot!

Quote: Chappers @ 1st December 2020, 10:16 PM

I really don't know. Why do you bother?

I see what you mean. Why?

The first vaccine has arrived and will start being administered next week.
You'd think that, that would be good news.

Twitter is full of deniers, anti-vaxxers. 'Trump has shares in that company - so he's claiming it as his triumph'
'Remember Thalidomide - that was safe eh eh' - even though that wasn't a vaccine
etc etc...

I think they have forgotten about Polio, Tetanus, Rubella, Diphtheria and Smallpox which most will have already had the vaccine given as children.

Easy to forget them though as they were just about eradicated by vaccine.

One day Covid 19 will be forgotten too

I see red when I watch these (few) protesters holding street rallies. Piss off home the lot of you and do something useful with your life! Angry

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 2nd December 2020, 8:18 AM

I see what you mean. Why?

As Stephen mentioned above he's broken his foot. That's what the original post was about.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 1st December 2020, 10:23 PM

Who are you telling to "get a f**king life"? The BBC?

The BBC is sweetly pretty....

Don't bite the hand that feeds?

Not funny (!) but on the news they were talking about an incident at Avonmouth where there was an explosion. On the TV coverage you can see as they're trying to hose it down a dog is helping by cocking his leg.

As far as I can understand,this vaccine won't stop you from getting it but reduces the severity of the symptoms?

What the actual f**k.....

A politician named after the leader of Nazi Germany has won an election in Namibia. But Adolf Hitler Uunona has distanced himself from his namesake, and says he has no plans for world domination. The politician won more than 85% of the vote for the ruling SWAPO party in the regional council election in Oshana. After his victory Uunona told Bild he had 'nothing to do with' Nazi ideology. He added: 'My father named me after this man. He probably didn't understand what Adolf Hitler stood for. 'As a child I saw it as a totally normal name. Only as a teenager did I understand that this man wanted to conquer the whole world.'

Eh?

I suppose you can't help what your parents name you.
I went to school with Russel Sprout.

I had a friend named Brian O'Brian. Guess what his middle name was?

Quote: DaButt @ 3rd December 2020, 8:44 PM

I had a friend named Brian O'Brian. Guess what his middle name was?

O'Clough?