I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,982

Quote: Chappers @ 22nd April 2018, 8:34 PM

Just like that Wee Sturgeon.

Nicola is a wonderful person and a role model for all Scots women, unlike the arse, Ruth Davidson, lickspittle of Theresa May.

I note that Emily Thornberry, Shadow Foreign Secretary, is in the press today and it is reported that she is 'sickened', 'fed up' and that people have come up to her and spoken to her 'in the most appalling terms' with respect to anti-semitism / anti-semitic remarks and she is concerned over the failure of the Labour Party to root it out.

What actually are these anti-semitic remarks.. she doesn't actually say..

I have noticed this in a few articles on this topic.

What specific remarks are of concern?

And what do you say about all the silly bastards who hang around waiting for the birth of a wean whose parents they've never met?

Maybe tbey think it's the Christ child. HO, HO AND THRICE TIMES HO!

Quote: Briosaid @ 23rd April 2018, 8:45 PM

And what do you say about all the silly bastards who hang around waiting for the birth of a wean whose parents they've never met?

Maybe they think it's the Christ child. HO, HO AND THRICE TIMES HO!

People like babies, especially famous one's.

I wasn't even there for the birth of either of mine, their mother was though.

I agree the whole waving flags outside the hospital and camping out the night before etc is going too far but any birth where mum and baby are doing well is a morsel of good news.

Quote: Briosaid @ 22nd April 2018, 11:25 PM

Nicola is a wonderful person and a role model for all Scots women, unlike the arse, Ruth Davidson, lickspittle of Theresa May.

Role model? She's just a poor woman's Jimmy Krankie!

Quote: Chappers @ 23rd April 2018, 9:34 PM

Role model? She's just a poor woman's Jimmy Krankie!

'Jimmy' Krankie is a repulsive wee shite.

The British tax payer has another royal scrounger to support.

Quote: Bill Poster @ 24th April 2018, 12:17 AM

The British tax payer has another royal scrounger to support.

Do perform some research and get your facts right:

It's the income from the Crown Estates that 'supports' the Royal family and that income is taxed, though recently the rate of tax was reduced so that the Royal Family can pay for renovation/repair of certain Royal Buildings, including (as far as I recall) Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle.

Whether or not you feel that the Royal Family is entitled to own the Crown Estates is the real question, not how much they receive from the taxpayer, because that latter is a negative number.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile us taxpayers really pay out for the repair & renovation of the Palace of Westminster and the tower containing Big Ben.

Quote: billwill @ 24th April 2018, 1:48 AM

Whether or not you feel that the Royal Family is entitled to own the Crown Estates is the real question..

And the real answer is no they don't. I certainly feel they don't.

No one possibly could, that land has been there for 4.5 billion years so nobody owns it as such. It was there long before the human race even existed.

It was 'taken' by some people who had no right to it any more than anyone else, and now it 'belongs' to some other people who have no right to it either.

F**king hell what a World we live in now when people who have no right to things can just take them and keep them with the blessing of the so called law. Arseholes!

:)

Quote: billwill @ 24th April 2018, 1:48 AM

Do perform some research and get your facts right:

It's the income from the Crown Estates that 'supports' the Royal family and that income is taxed, though recently the rate of tax was reduced so that the Royal Family can pay for renovation/repair of certain Royal Buildings, including (as far as I recall) Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle.

Whether or not you feel that the Royal Family is entitled to own the Crown Estates is the real question, not how much they receive from the taxpayer, because that latter is a negative number.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile us taxpayers really pay out for the repair & renovation of the Palace of Westminster and the tower containing Big Ben.

Thanks for putting me right.
It doesn't change my opinion of them though.

I don't get why there is hatred and bile at the birth of a child.
It's a beautiful thing for any family - royal or not.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 24th April 2018, 8:21 AM

I don't get why there is hatred and bile at the birth of a child.
It's a beautiful thing for any family - royal or not.

And yet the Royals refuse to screen it!

Quote: Frankie Mildly Perturbed @ 24th April 2018, 1:59 AM

And the real answer is no they don't. I certainly feel they don't.

No one possibly could, that land has been there for 4.5 billion years so nobody owns it as such. It was there long before the human race even existed.

It was 'taken' by some people who had no right to it any more than anyone else, and now it 'belongs' to some other people who have no right to it either.

F**king hell what a World we live in now when people who have no right to things can just take them and keep them with the blessing of the so called law. Arseholes!

:)

Do you own your own house?

Quote: billwill @ 24th April 2018, 3:09 PM

Do you own your own house?

No, but I have owned my own home in the past, I am not against a family owning a modest property to live in.

I am against massive estates passed down through the generations.