I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,979

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th March 2018, 3:37 PM

Three times I tried to read A Brief History and never got beyond page 34. :(

RIP Professor Hawking - hopefully everything you theorised on will now be revealed. I certainly hope so, as it's been bothering me for decades!

I'm impressed,that's 30 pages more than me.
I've been suckered in before with books that were in fashion.
Zen and the art of Motor Cycle Maintenance,Lord of the Rings spring to mind.
I managed the whole of the first page.

Just remembered Hancock trying to read Bertrand Russell in the Bedsitter.

The number 96 is now banned from being used for all eternity.
Top Man sold a red shirt with the number 96 on it and relatives of the Hillsborough disaster complained it was disrespectful. (96 killed)
All the shirts have been withdrawn.

Admin, you had better delete one post on the count to a million thread.

Quote: Bill Poster @ 15th March 2018, 12:37 AM

Zen and the art of Motor Cycle Maintenance,Lord of the Rings spring to mind.

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance was indeed unreadable high-fashion tripe posing as counterculture philosophy. A mandatory badge of pretentious pomposity for those aspiring to shallowest sagacity,
Lord of the Rings, though, could plough through. But couldn't stay awake through any of the movies; they were just massive sedatives.

All my evidence shows that there is overwhelming proof the jolly green giant was responsible for the Salisbury aspirin attacks. This is because I don't have any evidence.

I have always hated the jolly green giant and never believed it when he said he was turning liberal so as to buy alcopops and bell-bottomed jeans.

If the jolly green giant wasn't solely responsible, even though what I don't have in my head tells me unequivocally that he was, then it was the noodle doodle man operating, mafia style, in tandem.

Or from Camden in an undetectable suitcase.

One or other of them has destroyed the world by irresponsibly removing all the turncoats on nurofen.

To ensure the world's future safety, I have given both these people just until midnight tomorrow to agree to me sending them a nuclear present.

They will have to do what I say as I've got a coalition behind me including Kim Jong-Deux and the spirits of Anthony Blunt.

At this point a paperclip should turn up saying, "You seem to be trying to be satirical. Would you like some help with it?"

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 17th March 2018, 7:49 AM

At this point a paperclip should turn up saying, "You seem to be trying to be satirical. Would you like some help with it?"

Thank you for the offer but I see you live in Folkestone.

I only went there once at 14 when I escaped with three other people from a military camp to an off licence.

It's the sort of place where just drinking a can of lager in a shop while wearing a uniform can lead to being attacked both by skinheads and the security services.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 16th March 2018, 1:06 PM

The number 96 is now banned from being used for all eternity.
Top Man sold a red shirt with the number 96 on it and relatives of the Hillsborough disaster complained it was disrespectful. (96 killed)

Apparently it was 96 with the caption "what goes around comes back around", looks like a typo to me; should have been 69 what goes around comes around.

But you're right it's a bit sensitive, but there is still a deep resentment that the Police literally "got away with murder", or involuntary manslaughter, just by demonising Liverpool for 27 years and waiting for everyone to retire and lose interest. That doesn't bode well for the UK. Then again, it is just a t shirt.

Quote: Bill Poster @ 15th March 2018, 12:37 AM

Just remembered Hancock trying to read Bertrand Russell in the Bedsitter.

Russell's History of Western Philosophy is a far easier read than many history books and incredibly interesting, not a hard read at all.

i

Quote: DaButt @ 7th March 2018, 12:14 PM

Anything less than economic sanctions and sending a few spies packing for home would be a farce.

23 expulsions is heavy as it goes, but it's just allowed them to do a tit for tat, plus closing the British Council. Putin has stepped up Russia's international aggressiveness since the economic sanctions imposed on them for the Crimea invasion so it's very hard to see where being tough with them gets you.

Being nice to Russia like awarding them the Winter Olympics and The World Cup within four years seems to get you nowhere either as they've stepped up political meddling in elections and murdering critical exiles mainly in England with highly dangerous substances inbetween flying their miliary jets across our airspace. If a smaller country like Iraq were as provocative as as Russia have been we'd have probably declared war on them. I wonder why we don't do that to Russia?

Because we'll all end up dead?

Putin's sent the Beast from the East 2 as well.

Does anybody else think the whole facebook thing is a load of alarmist bollocks? Given I've never bought anything thereby releasing bank details, I reckon they'd find my Facebook stuff pretty boring.

Facebook is bollocks.

I find it good for keeping in touch with people.

A fraudsters paradise. I would like to know what information was shared because if it's details made private like dates of birth that some users choose to withold or answers for account recovery like maiden names that's a concern. As usual though it will all be swept under the magic carpet of Westminster and MPs will start turning up in new trainers.