I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,981

How long ago was it a lone star state?

A busy news week this one, quite enjoyable. Russia getting sillier by the day, someone once said the Ruskies live as though they think they're in a huge spy conspiracy novel and I'm beginning to think they really do. Might be all that vodka in their veins.

I'm not IT tekkie or anyway interested in these things so it was the first time I saw that Zuckerburg's face on the news this week. Laughing out loud Facing congress sitting on four cushions so he doesn't look even more of a prick than he is. And apparently he went on about school. Well he certainly looked like a twelve year old getting a big telling off from the headmaster. No wonder he didn't want to show up anywhere looking like that. Laughing out loud What a wanker.

Two mighty British institutions clash in the High Court and I know which one I'm backing, go on Cliff take 'em down. Errr The Beeb I mean. :$

What Do you make of arsehole May and the shower of bastards in her cabinet. Inhumane swine.

They can't help being bastards and swines - it's in their nature

The majority working class of Great Britain however, have a choice at the ballot box

And they are the true idiots for electing the shower of shite

Couldn't agree more. I'm fast approaching my long-dead father's view that they should be put up against a wall and shot. Since they enjoy shooting foxes so much, it's time they became the prey.

Asterix deemed racist in Durham:
'Racist' illustrations prompt Durham school boards, library to take a closer look at popular children's series https://www.durhamregion.com/news-story/8379681--racist-illustrations-prompt-durham-school-boards-library-to-take-a-closer-look-at-popular-children-s-series/ That's Durham in Canada, by the way, but still... The worst part of the article is that it classifies Asterix comics as "graphic novels". They are no such thing. They are comic books, or comic albums, if you prefer.

They had a similar thing with Tintin in the Congo, didn't they?

Yes, even Lucky Luke comics have been referred to as graphic novels.

When you think about it I suppose Asterix stories are Graphic Novels - probably some of the first. I don't think that American comics at the time would have been so long. They were books - complete stories.

No. Most of the bandes dessinées stuff, such as Tintin and Asterix, started out serialised (in newspapers, magazines). They were not originally books. But when they were published in book form, they were comic books. Not graphic novels. Asterix creator Rene Goscinny was bemused by the pretentious pomposity of people seeking to find messages beyond the obvious in his books. He would never have been so conceited as to calls his comics "novels".

Plastic straws and cotton buds could be banned in England as part of the government's bid to cut plastic waste.

Ministers pointed to one estimate that 8.5bn plastic straws were thrown away in the UK every year.

The prime minister said plastic waste was "one of the greatest environmental challenges facing the world".

And Theresa May will urge leaders at the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting, which began earlier, to follow the UK's lead in tackling the problem.

The Queen has formally opened the summit at an event at Buckingham Palace attended by prime ministers and presidents from the 53 states that make up the organisation.

If one was feeling a bit skittish one may suggest that the prime ministers and presidents from the 53 states could be described as either plastic straws or cotton buds.

Quote: Bill Poster @ 20th April 2018, 10:06 PM

If one was feeling a bit skittish one may suggest that the prime ministers and presidents from the 53 states could be described as either plastic straws or cotton buds.

Well my own description would probably that they're shites.

Quote: Kenneth @ 19th April 2018, 12:12 PM

Asterix deemed racist in Durham:
'Racist' illustrations prompt Durham school boards, library to take a closer look at popular children's series https://www.durhamregion.com/news-story/8379681--racist-illustrations-prompt-durham-school-boards-library-to-take-a-closer-look-at-popular-children-s-series/ That's Durham in Canada, by the way, but still... The worst part of the article is that it classifies Asterix comics as "graphic novels". They are no such thing. They are comic books, or comic albums, if you prefer.

No surprise in which country this heinous act of racism caused offence, the birthplace of PC, but a big surprise that the library in question returned the books to the shelves, clap clap. Unfortunately bandwagoners have convinced a school to remove them so one of the most educational historical themed comic books for kids ever created could be doomed if the domino effect spreads across the lilly livered liberal school boards. Well no, the publishers' lawyers will intervene and scare the shite out of them with billions dollar suits as intellectual freedom always wins. The library in question knew that.

Quote: Briosaid @ 21st April 2018, 12:50 AM

Well my own description would probably that they're shites.

Just like that Wee Sturgeon.