I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,826

Well as the father of the murderer said it was the fault of the nightclub - not his son.

Clement Freud....deviation

...and repetition of the deviation. Sorry for my earlier hesitation.

I wondered if whether that was what the Clement/Lucian thing was all about. I feel sorry for the McCanns in these circumstances. Not sure I want to comment more on them.

It hasn't been a great few days

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 18th June 2016, 1:19 AM BST

It hasn't been a great few days

It never is, it's just the bad things usually happen in places we don't care so much about.

Is funny how children seem to have a 'radar' for sensing when someone, even remotely on TV makes you feel uncomfortable.

I remember at school before my art teacher started touching me up that there was instantly something about him initially (who was later disgraced, fired and never allowed to work with kids again), but when I was a mere tadpole, both Jimmy Saville and Rolf Harris sent shivers down my spine and couldn't stomach watching them on TV (though couldn't understand why - and neither could my parents) - but now even as an adult, felt no such thing for people such as Paul Gambaccini - and know that Cliff Richard must also be completely innocent - by instinct alone.

There is just something about a person, that when allegations are made against them, you either point at TV and go "No way!" (above examples) or "Yes, Guilty!" (such as Max Clifford).

After seeing Cliff's interview (and I am not remotely suggestible as have usually already made my mind up regardless of what anyone says later) I feel so sorry for him as it is clear that certain sick people are jumping on the bandwagon given recent culture and targeting public figures for their own personal gain as there seem to be no penalties in place for false allegations because it cannot be proved either way.

But the harsh consequence of some eejit with intent to ruin someone's reputation and in effect, potentially destroy someone's life, is the outcome after investigation which is "insufficient evidence". Well all that does is say, in other words "probably guilty, but we can't prove it".

I have never literally hurled mud in anyone's face, but if someone says I did, it sticks and will follow me around define me for the rest of my life because I have been named in the media regardless, and this is so wrong.

Quote: fopdoodle @ 22nd June 2016, 1:56 PM BST

Is funny how children seem to have a 'radar' for sensing when someone, even remotely on TV makes you feel uncomfortable.

I'm old enough to remember when Gary Glitter was a chart-topping pop star, but I always found him disturbing. No-one else did though, so I'm not sure kids really do have this radar.

You see I'd say Gary Glitter was a through and through creep who dripped evil.
But Cuddly Uncle Rolf? C'mon false memory syndrome ahoy, he was absolutely beloved for decades.
And if you watch Saville, he was good at his job, very good.

All of them except Rolf have always given me the creeps. Bill Cosby did too.

Not that I specifically thought they were rapists or paedos. Just that there was something very off about them and I wouldn't have wanted to go near them.

I LOVED Jimmy Savile's show but I always thought he was a total weirdo creep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcFE7HEgX3g

Sick

Wilfred Brambell for one probably made a career of it...

Quote: fopdoodle @ 22nd June 2016, 1:56 PM BST

I remember at school before my art teacher started touching me up that there was instantly something about him initially (who was later disgraced, fired and never allowed to work with kids again), but when I was a mere tadpole, both Jimmy Saville and Rolf Harris sent shivers down my spine and couldn't stomach watching them on TV (though couldn't understand why - and neither could my parents) - but now even as an adult, felt no such thing for people such as Paul Gambaccini - and know that Cliff Richard must also be completely innocent - by instinct alone.

There is just something about a person, that when allegations are made against them, you either point at TV and go "No way!" (above examples) or "Yes, Guilty!" (such as Max Clifford).

After seeing Cliff's interview (and I am not remotely suggestible as have usually already made my mind up regardless of what anyone says later) I feel so sorry for him as it is clear that certain sick people are jumping on the bandwagon given recent culture and targeting public figures for their own personal gain as there seem to be no penalties in place for false allegations because it cannot be proved either way.

But the harsh consequence of some eejit with intent to ruin someone's reputation and in effect, potentially destroy someone's life, is the outcome after investigation which is "insufficient evidence". Well all that does is say, in other words "probably guilty, but we can't prove it".

I have never literally hurled mud in anyone's face, but if someone says I did, it sticks and will follow me around define me for the rest of my life because I have been named in the media regardless, and this is so wrong.

The Elm Guest House was a B&B in Barnes, West London, run by Harood and Carol Kasir. The guest house pitched itself as gay-friendly, but such a description does a great dis-service to the gay community. On or around the Queen's Silver Jubilee in 1977, it began to host 'Kings and Queens' parties for paedophiles, whereby members of PIE and another group promoting the sexual abuse of children, The Spartacus Club, could fulfil their desires.

It is alleged that from 1977 onward, rich and powerful men were provided with a menu of children's photographs and school reports, by members of Richmond Social Services. Once chosen, the child would be sourced from their children's home (most commonly Grafton Close, just 8 miles away), and taken to Elm Guest House. On arrival, the children would be drugged and abused, sometimes on camera in the 'video facilities room', sometimes in the sauna, sometimes at sex parties in a back room.

Carol Kasir claimed to have kept names from the guest register of Elm Guest House, pictured above, which include major establishment figures. The full list is below:

Anthony Blunt, Royal Connections, MI5, traitor, Russian spy deceased.
Harvey Proctor, Monday Club, well known convicted paedophile.
Sir Peter Bottomley. Worthing MP and Monday Club
Charles Irving
Leon Britton, Lord, ex Thatcher Minister (likely the Tory ex minister referred to anonymously in recent newpaper reports)
Peter Brooke, Life Peer
John Rowe, MI5, former MP
Cyril Smith, deceased, ex Rochdale MP
Ron Brown
Colin Jordan, ex National Front Leader
George Tremlett, Former GLC Leader
Peter Campbell, Monday Club
Gary Walker, Sinn Fein
Cliff Richard,aged Pop Star, known at Elm Guest House as 'Kitty'
Jess Conrad, aged ex Pop Star.
Ron Wells, aged Musician, aka 'Gladys' at Elm Guest House.
Richard Miles, Monday Club
Chris Denning, ex BBC DJ, convicted paedophile.
R Langley, Buckingham Palace Equerry
Terry Dwyer
Patrick Puddles
Louis Minster, Head of Richmond Social Services
Colin Peters, QC - a convicted paedophile sentenced to 8 years in 1989
Steve Everett, Senior Westminster Social worker
Ray Wire, so called expert on Paedophile therapy
Peter Glencross, editor of Monday Club newsletter
Guy Hamilton Blackwell, son of Westland Helicopters Chairman

You missed out

Archduke Ferdinand
Franz Ferdinand
Bazil Brush
Ferdinand the Bull
Thomas the Tank Engine
Berty Wooster
The Man in the Moon
James Bond
The Milk Tray Man
Daddy Pig
And who ever else the Burea of Investigative Journalism gave a modest bung to.