I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,604

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/06/01/david-cameron-accused-of-blackmail-over-junckers-appointment-to-eu-president_n_5428588.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

As many of you know, I am a complete idiot, so I need someone to explain this story to me.

'David Cameron has been accused of "blackmail" after he warned that Britain could leave the EU if a federalist becomes the next president of its executive arm' this is in relation to the appointment of Jean-Claude Juncker as EU President.

Now, for us to actually leave the EU, we'd have to have a referendum and there is every chance we could vote to stay in. So how can Cameron threaten to leave?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 1st June 2014, 11:48 PM BST

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/06/01/david-cameron-accused-of-blackmail-over-junckers-appointment-to-eu-president_n_5428588.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

As many of you know, I am a complete idiot, so I need someone to explain this story to me.

'David Cameron has been accused of "blackmail" after he warned that Britain could leave the EU if a federalist becomes the next president of its executive arm' this is in relation to the appointment of Jean-Claude Juncker as EU President.

Now, for us to actually leave the EU, we'd have to have a referendum and there is every chance we could vote to stay in. So how can Cameron threaten to leave?

Because he's a dick?

[According to Der Spiegel magazine, Cameron said the appointment of continuity candidate Jean-Claude Juncker could destabilise the UK government and force an in-out referendum to be held earlier than 2017. "A figure from the 80s cannot resolve the problems of the next five years," he reportedly warned.]

He didn't threaten to leave, he warned that such a leader might lead to an in/out referendum [I don't want to vote on my PM's sex life]

So he's warning there might be a referendum, even though he apparently promised one anyway during the European elections.

The main point is the Federalist President is called Junkers, the term Spitfire reffers to an intemperate sort such as Cameron.

So why wasn't the headline,
British Spitfire threatens to shoot down German Junkers over Europe.

Quote: sootyj @ 1st June 2014, 11:55 PM BST

So why wasn't the headline,
British Spitfire threatens to shoot down German Junkers over Europe.

Laughing out loud

Enjoyed that.

Quote: Oldrocker @ 1st June 2014, 11:53 PM BST

Because he's a dick?

You really are the Joey Barton of political commentary.

By the way RCP feel free to remind me in the future when talking about UKIP inconsistency. That Cameron promised a UK referendum to the Brits in 2017 in one week, then the next week threatened the EU president with the possibility of one in 2017.

Double, shiny faced dickstick.

Quote: sootyj @ 2nd June 2014, 12:06 AM BST

By the way RCP feel free to remind me in the future when talking about UKIP inconsistency. That Cameron promised a UK referendum to the Brits in 2017 in one week, then the next week threatened the EU president with the possibility of one in 2017.

Double, shiny faced dickstick.

I just like the way the EU is so afraid of democracy, that threatening a vote is enough to be called 'blackmail'.

In the past, when we've kicked up a fuss, the French and Germans were always like 'no on cares about Britain, you are a tiny rock in the sea' - but now, when there is a real possibility of us calling their bluff, it's brown pantaloons and lederhosen time for the Euros.

The whole project is built on a house of cards, we leave and loads of countries will leave with us. No wonder they're in such a panic.

The scary thing is people forget unlike the US, Europe is only just enjoying an extended period of peace.
Prior to the EU there was some big nasty war every 20 years or so.
I'm not sure without the EU Europe wouldn't go back that way.

But the EU is depressingly undemocratic.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 1st June 2014, 11:59 PM BST

You really are the Joey Barton of political commentary.

Aw, gee, thanks.

Quote: sootyj @ 2nd June 2014, 12:13 AM BST

Prior to the EU there was some big nasty war every 20 years or so.
I'm not sure without the EU Europe wouldn't go back that way.

I don't know if that can be entirely down to the EU. The UN, NATO, the A-bomb, The Cold War all had a part to play along with declining empires and the expense of colonisation.

If we just part of the EEC, I wouldn't have a problem with that, but the social engineering that has gone on with the EU is about as brilliant as the concrete tower blocks we put up after the war.

Take for example, it's open border policy, if you want depressing reading, check this out - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_and_crime

Quote: Oldrocker @ 2nd June 2014, 12:17 AM BST

Aw, gee, thanks.

You're the best of a bad bunch. :P

http://news.uk.msn.com/pressure-mounts-over-2022-world-cup-1

This might be a good thing, Qatar getting the bid has been nothing but a bad thing.

Interesting poll released by lord Ashcroft today (Tory)

CON 25%, LAB 34%, LDEM 6%, UKIP 19%

25% very low for the Tories

One hopes that the Kaliban are feeling suitably st*p*d at having proved to the world that one ordinary USA soldier is worth five of their finest.

Quote: billwill @ 2nd June 2014, 9:19 PM BST

One hopes that the Kaliban are feeling suitably st*p*d at having proved to the world that one ordinary USA soldier is worth five of their finest.

They probably find some consolation in the fact that they now know they can free 5 of their insurgents by kidnapping just one US soldier.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-27659823

Comedy news! Of a sort, the bloke who plays Lee Nelson was led away by police at Heathrow Airport when he pretended to be one of the England Squad.

A couple of weeks ago, a Ukrainian television 'prankster' hit Brad Pitt in the face at a movie premiere -

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/brad-pitt-attacked-prankster-maleficent-premiere-article-1.1809413

It's a good thing these were telly funny people, because otherwise they'd both be jail.

Second one definitely should be. He's done all sorts of ridiculous crap.