I read the news today oh boy! Page 132

Quote: Nogget @ May 21 2010, 7:22 AM BST

Team of researchers create a new life form!

Yep, this momentous news did not even make the commercial news in Australia tonight because there were much more important issues, such as a minister caught leaving a gay sex club and parrots being stolen from a Sydney zoo. Seriously.

e

Awesome-o!!! :D

http://www.funnyordie.co.uk/blog/posts/35040

Bye bye, funny or die

"It was a dream that began nearly 15 years ago, when Craig Venter, a Vietnam veteran turned geneticist, resolved one day to create a genome from scratch - and with it, make the first ever synthetic life form. Last night, in a dramatic announcement that led some to accuse him of playing God, Venter said the dream had come true, saying he had created an organism with manmade DNA."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2010/may/20/craig-venter-synthetic-life-genome

Wow that's amazing. Hopefully after they've made their trillions they can cure some diseases and give us all superpowers.

It's only the UK one gone though.

Quote: sootyj @ May 21 2010, 7:11 AM BST

That's some shockingly bad public transport.

Not really. If buses ran to my neighborhood they'd always be empty. Systems are designed to fill a need and the need isn't there at the moment.

Quote: sootyj @ May 21 2010, 7:11 AM BST

That's some shockingly bad public transport.

Remember that petrol is cheaper than water over there, and cars are cheaper than ... burgers. Probably. So there's probably not so much of a need.

Quote: Aaron @ May 21 2010, 1:35 PM BST

Remember that petrol is cheaper than water over there, and cars are cheaper than ... burgers. Probably. So there's probably not so much of a need.

Exactly. When gas hit $4 per gallon a couple of years ago they added the route out to my general vicinity. It's one of the more pricey neighborhoods and all the people with huge SUVs were suddenly open to riding the bus.

My calculations say that our gas price is the equivalent of 49 pence per liter.

Quote: DaButt @ May 21 2010, 2:54 PM BST

My calculations say that our gas price is the equivalent of 49 pence per liter.

Im moving.

If they'd have mentioned that, there wouldn't have been all that fuss over the war.

have* x 2

;)

:)

Quote: Gavin @ May 21 2010, 2:55 PM BST

Im moving.

But no public health and I believe Hollywood is over run by feral chiauhas.

Quote: Aaron @ May 21 2010, 3:23 PM BST

:)

I suppose it's that thing where one might mistake 'av (have) for 'of'.