I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,282

Turning the Tables on Cold Callers -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-23869462

Wonderful ingenuity - consequently condemned!

Give that man a knighthood, what a genius!

Is there anyone in the entertainment industry who is not a peadophile?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23880768

I refuse to believe that one.
REFUSE I TELL YOU.

Innocent until proven guilty.

Quite right too.

Quote: Jennie @ August 29 2013, 11:59 AM BST

Is there anyone in the entertainment industry who is not a peadophile?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23880768

That is very, very disappointing. He was a legend at Glastonbury. The last time he appeared at the Jazz World Stage, it was so crowded that they were stopping people getting to the field. It was wholly unprecedented. On that day, he did his usual routine effectively. He had done the same at Womad on "Children's Day". We bought his CD and queued for an hour to get his autograph. He signed as expected.

But the minute with him there was something of a disappointment. Unlike on the stage, he seemed doddery and confused. A woman kept having to explain to him what to do next. We assumed on stage he was on autopilot. And the one thing that we remembered was that he didn't speak to us. He was looking further along the line and trying to talk to a mother with a small girl. At the time, that seemed innocent of course.

Quote: Jennie @ August 29 2013, 12:03 PM BST

Innocent until proven guilty.

Yes of course although the original question was somewhat weighted!

It's annoying that we don't get any details about the alleged offences. For all we know, he did a painting of a girl in a bikini or something.

Quote: Nogget @ August 29 2013, 1:12 PM BST

It's annoying that we don't get any details about the alleged offences. For all we know, he did a painting of a girl in a bikini or something.

The liklihood (and obviously we don't know for sure) is that he downloaded indecent images onto his computer.

Quote: Horseradish @ August 29 2013, 12:51 PM BST

Yes of course although the original question was somewhat weighted!

Yes, that's true. The sad thing about this is that it is leading to a general mistrust of men in our society.

My local lollipop man is lovely, and sensing my road incompetence, stops the traffic for me as well as the kids. He gave a little girl a sweet once and I heard the mother go 'don't eat that, Kacey, you don't know where it's come from.'

:(

Quote: Jennie @ August 29 2013, 1:20 PM BST

The liklihood (and obviously we don't know for sure) is that he downloaded indecent images onto his computer.

Yes, that's true. The sad thing about this is that it is leading to a general mistrust of men in our society.

My local lollipop man is lovely, and sensing my road incompetence, stops the traffic for me as well as the kids. He gave a little girl a sweet once and I heard the mother go 'don't eat that, Kacey, you don't know where it's come from.'

Well it is an odd day what with the country about to go to war and news about the arrest of someone considered by many to be a national treasure. Arguably comments, including mine, would best be left until the verdict. But I would like to clarify that I wasn't intending to make Rolf sound guilty. I really hope he is innocent. It is just, as I think you imply, that news breaks and one thinks of more regular contexts. Those are inevitably remembered in the light of the latest news. The Savile business, and all of the subsequent developments, have been both tragic and diabolical. Public reaction is to be expected. It remains the case that 99.99% of, say, BBC people in the 1970s are untainted. And while it has been men every time in the current investigations, there is also Myra Hindley. The case of Magdalena Luczak might be mentioned too.

Quote: Jennie @ August 29 2013, 1:20 PM BST

Yes a thousand fold, I used to do youth work and it all got soured for me when a 9ultra posh) parent said to me
"You won't rape my son in the shower will you?"

I regret not having the nerve to say

"He's not my type"

Kids services are more and more running out of men willing to work with kids. If you bear in mind many of these kids don't have any male role models. Then this becomes tragic. Paranoia about child abuse is becoming a form of abuse in and of it's self.

Quote: Nogget @ August 29 2013, 1:12 PM BST

Two girls aged 14 and 15 at the time several offences each relating to obsene images and assault.

So who knows? Could be attempted rape, could be a pinched bum and a photo in a bikini.

I have no idea and neither does anyone else.

The police seems to have a malevolent PR department that just love stirring things up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usLDli3VKIw
is this for real?

I hope it was faked. Otherwise, poor bloke.