I read the news today oh boy! Page 126

Quote: The Rook @ May 6 2010, 12:52 PM BST

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/1/20100506/ten-wilson-phillips-reunite-for-new-tour-c60bd6d.html

Who gives a f**k!

The fat one's done a bigfella and lost a lot of weight.

In that picture? Or is that an old one?

Quote: zooo @ May 6 2010, 12:56 PM BST

In that picture? Or is that an old one?

I don't know. I seem to remember seeing a picture recently and she'd gone from biglass to slimlass. She doesn't look too bad in that photo, although you can only really see her head. Perhaps she's hiding a massive belly?

Quote: The Rook @ May 6 2010, 12:52 PM BST

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/1/20100506/ten-wilson-phillips-reunite-for-new-tour-c60bd6d.html

Who?

I think they're from the '80s. Or maybe early '90s.

Quote: zooo @ May 6 2010, 12:32 PM BST

Pff. It's a dude in a skirt. He deserves a good mock!

Ooh, I've hit gold. Thanks Google.

He's actually not that bad looking. Whistling nnocently

Quote: zooo @ May 6 2010, 12:27 PM BST

Oh. My. God.
What a sad figure he must have looked.

Thanks!

Quote: Aaron @ May 6 2010, 12:59 PM BST

Who?

"The Wilsons are the daughters of Brian Wilson of The Beach Boys, while Phillips' parents are John Phillips and Michelle Phillips of The Mamas & the Papas."

Quote: Chappers @ May 6 2010, 1:50 PM BST

Thanks!

:D

I'm sure you'd look lovely in a skirt!

At one point today the Dow was down a thousand points, or about 10% because of the crisis in Greece. It's recovered a bit to -400 for the day, but this could be the beginning of another big economic slump. Rosy pronouncements from various governments aside, I don't think we've hit the bottom yet.

Quote: DaButt @ May 6 2010, 8:00 PM BST

At one point today the Dow was down a thousand points, or about 10% because of the crisis in Greece. It's recovered a bit to -400 for the day, but this could be the beginning of another big economic slump. Rosy pronouncements from various governments aside, I don't think we've hit the bottom yet.

The civil unrest in Greece will spread across Europe. It'll be here by the end of the summer. It makes so much sense to cost your police and businesses thousands more in cleanup and security costs!

Quote: Aaron @ May 6 2010, 8:03 PM BST

The civil unrest in Greece will spread across Europe. It'll be here by the end of the summer.

I hope not. :(

I read a post on another message board by someone in Greece. He said that the nation has spent decades cheating on taxes, being lazy, growing the government and basically living an unsustainable lifestyle. It's sad to see people rioting when they were the ones who caused a great deal of the mess.

Quote: DaButt @ May 6 2010, 8:11 PM BST

I read a post on another message board by someone in Greece. He said that the nation has spent decades cheating on taxes, being lazy, growing the government and basically living an unsustainable lifestyle. It's sad to see people rioting when they were the ones who caused a great deal of the mess.

Glad to see you base your opinions on single posts on messagge boards!
:S

I hope not. :(

Ditto. But I fear it's unavoidable, with the crazy militant tendencies of people here, and their lack of reasoning in choosing to protest in the first place.

Depressingly, that's actually reflected in what I've seen Greeks comment on the news. (And, well, what we see by their whole way of life.) There was also some economics professor from an Athens university on TV earlier who seemed to be saying that he doesn't think the measures will be going far enough, and that things will get even worse than predicted for them.

Ultimately, whether or not the people have been cheating on their taxes, it's their own fault because they elect the Government. The British people have no one but themselves to blame for the state the economy's in; they kept putting Labour back into power.

Quote: Aaron @ May 6 2010, 8:23 PM BST

Ultimately, whether or not the people have been cheating on their taxes, it's their own fault because they elect the Government. The British people have no one but themselves to blame for the state the economy's in; they kept putting Labour back into power.

Maybe if the Conservatives had been a proper opposition during the early Blair years, instead of squabbling amongst themselves and electing useless bald men to lead them, the British public wouldn't have kept electing Labour.