I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,790

Strong rumours of an election being called imminently (again!)

Andrew Marr
@AndrewMarr9
1h
Nothing sure, but this seems to be happening. Spoken to both a government minister and senior figures in Starmer's office and both think election call imminent ...whatever the truth, we hacks are being briskly marched to the top of the hill.
May 22, 2024 ยท 1:10 PM UTC

Robert Peston
@Peston
32m
I am told all the final stages of the finance bill are being rushed through tomorrow. That would be consistent with a 4 July general election
May 22, 2024 ยท 2:39 PM UTC

Confirmed 4th July

Even his announcement was a fiasco!

Stood there getting slowly pissed wet through with rain whilst someone outside Downing Street blasts out Things Can Only Get Better at a million decibels so you could barely hear his patronising bullshit ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

Piss-poor speech.
Will the rebels try to oust him - will they have time?
Pretty sure that's the only reason he's called the election.

I suspect this will trigger more and more Tory MPs announcing they will now step down at the next election

He has taken a massive risk going so early and they will be livid

I suspect he has gone now before rafts and rafts of 'small boats' come over in the summer weather making a mockery of his Rwanda scam

Quote: lofthouse @ 22nd May 2024, 4:12 PM

someone outside Downing Street blasts out Things Can Only Get Better at a million decibels so you could barely hear his patronising bullshit ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

Maybe we could arrange to get that played as a background to this thread.

Quote: lofthouse @ 22nd May 2024, 4:12 PM

Robert Peston = boring little tit wanker

Stood there getting slowly pissed wet through with rain whilst someone outside Downing Street blasts out Things Can Only Get Better .......................

Pathetic - it's like that other tosser with the huge megaphone outside the looney bin whenever there was a reporter working to the camera.

He was there, stood next to the amplifier that was playing it.
But the rain blew it up.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 23rd May 2024, 9:15 AM

He was there, stood next to the amplifier that was playing it.
But the rain blew it up.

๐Ÿ˜‚

What a stupid song to play anyway, given its toe curling embarrassment when it was used at that Labour conference

I preferred 'Things can only get Deller' at the darts.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 23rd May 2024, 9:27 AM

๐Ÿ˜‚

What a stupid song to play anyway, given its toe curling embarrassment when it was used at that Labour conference

I loved it it -- remember singing along.
I had rather 'over-celebrated' though.
It had been a long night.

Quote: Lazzard @ 23rd May 2024, 9:33 AM

I loved it it - remember singing along.
I had rather 'over-celebrated' though.
It had been a long night.

Yeah, well everything looks and sounds great when you're pissed. ๐Ÿ˜‰

"Post Office scandal: Police are going to deploy 80 detectives for criminal inquiry into executives for perjury and perverting the course of justice "

Yes!

Get ready bitches

They're coming for YOU this time

Quote: lofthouse @ 28th May 2024, 9:28 AM

"Post Office scandal: Police are going to deploy 80 detectives for criminal inquiry into executives for perjury and perverting the course of justice "

Yes!

Get ready bitches

They're coming for YOU this time

I don't know why we can't hand these things over to The Ol Bill straightaway.
These public enquiries are all very entertaining - but they cost a fortune and take forever.

But is this information reliable? As a law student, I haven't come across anything like this before. I used https://allessaywriter.com/law-essay-help.html for my law essay, which was helpful. However, they can write whatever you ask for, making me skeptical about online information. It could be fake, so I'm hesitant to believe it.

Good!
The woman that ran my local Post Office was sacked on the spot for a ยฃ13 grand discrepancy in her accounts.
The word went around that she had been fiddling scratch cards among other things.
She had previously sold her house and paid ยฃ250,000 for the business and attached house.

She couldn't live in the house and it was left abandoned for years, meanwhile she went to the crown court to face charges.
She was told to plead guilty to avoid jail even though she had her accounts printed out to prove there was no discrepancy.

Just one of the awful stories.

Quote: Lazzard @ 28th May 2024, 9:41 AM

I don't know why we can't hand these things over to The Ol Bill straightaway.
These public enquiries are all very entertaining - but they cost a fortune and take forever.

No, the new procedure is ITV make a drama serial about the issue first - then the police move in

I presume that's now the law ? ๐Ÿค”