US Election Page 8

No I agree. That's not funny at all Aaron.

Quote: Marc P @ November 5 2008, 2:42 PM GMT

When you say 'IF' Chip, is there going to be a van coming down your street shortly - but not selling ice cream?

That reminds me. I saw a fish and chip shop yesterday. In a van. A mobile chip shop.

TRUFAX.

Yes, they're everywhere. Where have you been?

Quote: EllieJP @ November 5 2008, 2:42 PM GMT

You seem to think I was joking.

Quote: EllieJP @ November 5 2008, 2:43 PM GMT

Yes, they're everywhere. Where have you been?

In places where there aren't chip shops in vans.

Quote: EllieJP @ November 5 2008, 2:42 PM GMT

Aaron in not funny shocker! :O

Quote: Nil Putters @ November 5 2008, 2:44 PM GMT

Aaron in not funny shocker! :O

Nil in post which doesn't convey him as a pervert who should be locked up for the common good shocker! :O

And I genuinely mean that. It's not merely a retaliation. :)

Makes sense to have chip shops in vans. Icecream buying season is over, so they need to diversify.

Quote: Bad dog @ November 5 2008, 2:32 PM GMT

Think of how momentous it is to have a non-white president. That's actually very amazing.

Only amazing if you never thought it was possible. But we've had minority governors, senators, generals and every other position of authority you can imagine. You can do almost anything in this country if you work hard enough.

I'm glad we have an African-American president. But it's a one-shot deal. The next candidate won't be able to run on skin color - he'll have to offer more. Obama was handed a huge pile of opportunity on a silver platter, now he'll have to show he was deserving.

It's really not worth anyone bothering to shoot the guy, they'll only go and elect someone else.

Quote: Aaron @ November 5 2008, 2:46 PM GMT

Nil in post which doesn't convey him as a pervert who should be locked up for the common good shocker! :O

And I genuinely mean that. It's not merely a retaliation. :)

Rolling eyes (this smiley doesn't work properly btw)

Quote: chipolata @ November 5 2008, 2:39 PM GMT

I thought you said nothing at all would change under Obama?

Nobody is going to take away America's guns. But they'll try to take away bits and pieces. Clinton's ban on "assault" riles lasted 10 years and made no dent in gun crime.

I'm a clear sign that Obama is changing America: I am changing from an unarmed citizen to a gun owner. Pirate

You make Gavin look charming in comparison, Nil. :)

Quote: zooo @ November 5 2008, 2:40 PM GMT

He doesn't mean it, don't worry.

It's just his way...

I know, but some jokes aren't funny.

Quote: DaButt @ November 5 2008, 2:46 PM GMT

Only amazing if you never thought it was possible. But we've had minority governors, senators, generals and every other position of authority you can imagine. You can do almost anything in this country if you work hard enough.

I'm glad we have an African-American president. But it's a one-shot deal. The next candidate won't be able to run on skin color - he'll have to offer more. Obama was handing a huge pile of opportunity on a silver platter, now he'll have to show he was deserving.

The odds against him being nominated, let alone winning the nomination, and the presidency must be high. His colour wasn't the decider, of course, if he had been Republican, and McCain was a Democrat, we'd have McCain as president now. Or rather, you would.

Quote: DaButt @ November 5 2008, 2:51 PM GMT

I'm a clear sign that Obama is changing America: I am changing from an unarmed citizen to a gun owner. Pirate

Blair did that over here. :P

Quote: Lee Henman @ November 5 2008, 11:49 AM GMT

the first black prez

It's sad that President Palmer made such little impact, everyone's forgotten him already...

<shakes head>

Dan