Would I Lie To You? - Series 7 Page 3

Amazingly good episode tonight. Finally another classic David Mitchell rant - about swan leg warmers, would you believe.

This show just keeps bringing the comedy best out in people...

Quote: Wout Thielemans @ May 31 2013, 10:52 PM BST

Amazingly good episode tonight. Finally another classic David Mitchell rant - about swan leg warmers, would you believe.

This show just keeps bringing the comedy best out in people...

It's just a perfect show that seems to fly by, it's so relaxed and comfortable with itself.

That was ridiculously good. The funniest episode yet. Can Bob Mortimer be on every week?

It was extremely funny. Bob was excellent.

I want a hand lion.

Quote: zooo @ June 14 2013, 9:17 PM BST

I want a hand lion.

I thought you want a cat cam.

Both please.

I wonder what's the exact term for this "hand lion" thing. Googling the expression gives you all sorts of results but not the one he described:

etc.

I'll always remember David asking way back in series 1 or 2 whether it's allowed to tell the story in such a way that the basic premise is true, but you've surrounded it with a massive "ball of bullshit" in order to muddy the waters and make it seem more extraordinary than it really is. His question was never really answered. Knowing Bob Mortimer, I think the hand lion thing may have been a massive ball of bullshit.

But yes, great episode.

Quote: Aaron @ June 14 2013, 9:05 PM BST

Can Bob Mortimer be on every week?

Either Erano or Efago...

*******SPOILER ALERT!*************

I felt terrible when, as a kid, I dropped a bottle of ketchup, and it ejaculated and splattered sauce all over our freshly painted living room ceiling, so God knows how poor Bob must have felt after burning down his house, aged seven.

**********************************************************************************

I once threw a Smurf and broke a light bulb.
So I know just how Bob feels...

Quote: zooo @ June 15 2013, 3:17 PM BST

I once threw a Smurf and broke a light bulb.
So I know just how Bob feels...

Sure! Laughing out loud

Amazing episode last week, David's team was the very definition of posh :D And the hairy man on Lee's team was so lovable that I didn't even mind the unpleasant woman.

I see a worrying tendency in editing to stray away from sound logical questions (or sometimes their answers) and instead resort only to gags (which are admittedly quite funny). Not always bad but some of the stories suffer from lack of detail (e.g. why the hell did Jimmy Carr's parents give him coffee)

And speaking of gags - do you think any of this is scripted? David Mitchell's drinking water/swimming joke was so brilliant and quickly fired that I couldn't help but suspect it was scripted. Either that or David's even more of a genius than I had thought (which already was a great deal).

Quote: Pavel Kondov @ July 1 2013, 4:08 PM BST

Amazing episode last week, David's team was the very definition of posh :D And the hairy man on Lee's team was so lovable that I didn't even mind the unpleasant woman.

Susanna Reid?! Unpleasant?! :O