Would I Lie To You? - Series 7

Would I Lie To You? Not so much a programme, more a way of life at the BBC...

What's this? Has it been confirmed? Do you have any information about it?

Quote: Sal Paradise @ October 30 2012, 1:21 AM GMT

What's this? Has it been confirmed? Do you have any information about it?

It's possibly more a joke about the BBC. I couldn't post on the general thread and didn't find the series 6 thread.

I'll guess and say that series 6 will feature Rob Brydon, David Mitchell and Lee Mack.

Oh...Anyways... The BBC owe Angus Deayton an apology considering they sacked him from hosting Would I Lie To You? for making a joke about Savile being a creepy necro paedo.

Quote: Sal Paradise @ October 30 2012, 10:05 PM GMT

Oh...Anyways... The BBC owe Angus Deayton an apology considering they sacked him from hosting Would I Lie To You? for making a joke about Savile being a creepy necro paedo.

Nah, he was also cruel to victor Meldrew...he seems to hate older men. ;)

Yeah but to be fair, Rob Brydon is a MUCH better host.

He really really isn't.

I do prefer him to Deayton. He's not as acidic but he comes across warmer, which lends to a friendlier atmosphere, and atmosphere is important on a show like that.

Brydon helps make the show, unlike Deayton who is a slimy bag of doo dah.

Quote: Aaron @ November 3 2012, 3:55 PM GMT

He really really isn't.

How is he not?

like Raymond said he gives a much better atmosphere and he really gets involved I thogh Angus was always a bit boring

Because he gets involved. He's been much better in the previous series or two, but it is not the host's role to attract as much attention as he possibly can to himself.

His more jovial nature perhaps does lend to a slightly warmer atmosphere, but all-round he's been a worse host than Deayton.

I wouldn't say he ever sticks his oar in unnecessarily. He just adds to the comedy. It wouldn't be better if he kept quiet all the time imo.

I like Angus, and I think on something like HIGNFY his style of presenting works well, but the problem is he only seems to have one style of presenting. So, whether it's HIGNFY, Hell's Kitchen, It's Your Round or WILTY, we always get the sarcastic, smug persona. I personally think these other shows need a warmer tone, and for me Brydon brings this to WILTY.

Brydon does tend to make it all about him - he does that on whatever programme he's on. I think it's subliminally to do with not finding success until late on. If he had been successful about seven years earlier he may be more confident about taking a back seat and knowing the audience won't forget him.

Yeah he sometimes even does one of the truth or lie things which is a bit off for the host. But I think he's alright.