Worst sitcom Page 5

Quote: Dr Sanchez @ May 8 2011, 1:12 AM BST

I couldn't bear Saxondale because of the character's accent and mannerisms. It's a pity because I'm a big fan of Coogan.

I'm not saying it's the worst sitcom ever though, I'll have a think about that one...

Have you seen series two?

I really hated series one

But series two is miles miles better

It has better story lines and was just much lighter and funnier

Quote: Sinon @ January 24 2013, 8:35 PM GMT

I'm sure there is a 'sea of crapness' ( maybe ones that I'd dislike even more ) but, to be honest, most of the ones mentioned above I've never heard of, let alone seen. I can only go on what I know.

Fair enough. That is indeed a good point.
Funny you mention Two Pints..., I hate that main actor who also plays the father in In With The Flynns, I could really punch him in the face. He'd be my nomination for worst comedy actor. But here again there are maybe hundreds of actors unknown to me who'd deserve it just as much.

Quote: Dr Sanchez @ May 8 2011, 1:12 AM BST

I couldn't bear Saxondale because of the character's accent and mannerisms. It's a pity because I'm a big fan of Coogan.

I'm not saying it's the worst sitcom ever though, I'll have a think about that one...

That. I'm not that keen on Saxondale although I normally like Coogan's work.

The Detectives is pretty bad too.

Quote: G180e @ January 26 2013, 1:44 PM GMT

The Detectives is pretty bad too.

Heathen! Burn the witch!

Mrs Browns's Boys. It's become a parody of itself.

Plus it stole a joke from The Simpson's "Press any key, where's the any key?"

Mrs. Brown's Boys is utter crap ain't it. My nan loves it, it is just utter crap IMO.

Quote: David Carmon @ January 26 2013, 10:31 PM GMT

Plus it stole a joke from The Simpson's "Press any key, where's the any key?"

That's not a joke that originated with the Simpsons. It's the most repeated computer-based joke ever by a long way.

Quote: george roper @ January 27 2013, 12:53 AM GMT

Mrs. Brown's Boys is utter crap ain't it. My nan loves it, it is just utter crap IMO.

Nothing further to add to it.

The weird thing about MBB is how many apparently intelligent, educated people I meet who love it.

Because it involves a big man, dressed as a woman falling over alot.

Quote: sootyj @ January 28 2013, 12:35 PM GMT

Because it involves a big man, dressed as a woman falling over alot.

This is a premise that must have sounded "strange" at first and made lots of people curious. But after 2.5 series most people must have realised it's just crap.

The public voted it best sitcom in last week's National Television Awards!

To quote Alan Partridge: "I just hate the general public".

Well, quite.

I bought the Hyperdrive DVD!

Outnumbered is utter shite! The Mighty Boosh is crap aswell.