The Sitcom Mission 2013 Page 6

Quote: Welshy @ March 11 2013, 3:08 PM GMT

I'd have answered with:

1. Read the rules of the competition.

2. Read the rules of the competition.

3. Read the rules of the competition(s).

4. Check out the blog section where you can read the excellent Thunderer.

True.
True.
True
And true.

Quote: Jowan Mounsey @ March 12 2013, 11:06 AM GMT

What should happen on the screen when you upload a Script? (I can't tell if mines been uploaded or not)

What's your script called? Let us know (pm if you prefer) and we'll let you know if it's up there.

Quote: simon wright @ March 12 2013, 11:29 AM GMT

What's your script called? Let us know (pm if you prefer) and we'll let you know if it's up there.

You haven't answered his question. What should happen on the screen when you upload a script? Is there a confirmation message?

Yes, there's a confirmation message.

Quote: Alan O'Brien @ March 12 2013, 2:37 PM GMT

Yes, there's a confirmation message.

I'm sorry but can anyone confirm this?

You will get a confirmation message, and I've just checked and the script in question was successfully uploaded on March 9th.

If anybody is in any doubt that their script has uploaded just pm me and I will check for you.

Hi

How detailed is the feedback? I don't mind paying the £60 and don't expect it to be too detailed for that money but I am hoping it isn't just a line or two.

Cheers

Good question. They say 'two sets of written feedback', which isn't very specific.

For £60 I'd expect 7 or 8 pages of A4 at least. Anything less is a rip-off.

I also wonder how much it will help you progress. I know that they won't give preference to people who pay but I would imagine that they will look at your script in a lot more detail if they are providing feedback than a standard entry that will only require a read.

Unless it is money talks. It could be a similar set up to the 'text A B or C to 88888, texts charged at £1.50 a minute'................or enter for free at the website. We all know website never wins.

We want to put the strongest material before the people who matter that we possibly can. Obviously.

Does anybody really imagine that we'd overlook a brilliant script simply because the writer hadn't paid for a critique? Or that we'd promote a weaker script?

Seriously??

You haven't answered the question, Simon. HOW DETAILED IS THE FEEDBACK? 2 pages, 10 pages?

Hi Don

It depends on how much feedback is necessary.

Here's a quote from someone who received feedback from us a few days ago:

"Thanks a lot for the feedback. I can see how much time you have invested in this and it's well worth the price of £60."

Cheers, Declan

I've got feedback before and it was a good number of pages. It really helped. Well worth it.

£60?
Isn't it £40.

I paid for the recorded readthrough feedback a few years ago and their feedback was incredibly helpful. These guys know their stuff. Trust me.

Yeah, you get two lots of thorough feedback. It was about 6 or 7 A4 pages from what I recall.

Dan