Peep Show - Series 8 Page 4

Maybe it's to reflect the ageing characters? Cuppa tea, Antiques Roadshow, Peep Show, early night.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ November 9 2012, 1:15 PM GMT

Aside from yourself, the only people avidly watching Dad's Army are elderly people stuck in on a Saturday night.

As we become elderly people stuck in on a Saturday night, we might very well watch repeats of Peep Show.

Or we'll all be too busy fighting zombies in a post-apocalyptic hellscape. Either / or.

Peep Show has a bit more of a thread of story running through it though while Dad's Army can basically be viewed as stand-alone episodes. Also I think the subject matter of Dad's Army probably made it really relevant to that generation and I suppose in some ways it was pretty unique.

I'll certainly be getting the Peep Show DVDs out when I'm old and grey though! (Or will DVDs even exist then?)

Quote: Andicus @ November 18 2012, 9:14 PM GMT

Just read that Olivia Colman is not going to be in this series? Does anyone know why?

Still looking forward to it, but that's a disappointment.

Probably been too busy filming 2012, Bad Sugar, Accused, Run, Broadchurch, Hyde Park on Hudson (2012), The Karman Line (2012), I Give It a Year (2013) and Cuban Fury (2013). Ever since Tyrannosaur (2011) she's been in such demand. Also, she's not with Mark anymore and didn't JLB go under?

Also, her character has been getting hated more and more with each series so maybe her absence now is for the best.

Cannot wait!

I do hope this doesn't let me down, I may chuck my TV out the window if it does.

Quote: Pingl @ November 25 2012, 8:11 PM GMT

I do hope this doesn't let me down, I may chuck my TV out the window if it does.

Why? You know that next week's will be an absolute belter.

Quote: shaggy292 @ November 25 2012, 8:56 PM GMT

Why? You know that next week's will be an absolute belter.

I think The Thick Of It has knocked my confidence, I was pissed off with the way that series ended, illogical but there you go Errr

Crikey this is limp

Still funny. Loved the curry scene.

Loved it!

Cracking opener! God I've missed it! Poor Gerard

Steady, if unspectacular.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 25 2012, 10:35 PM GMT

Still funny. Loved the curry scene.

Yeah me too

The sly tone Mark was taunting him with was classic

Also liked the way Mark rushed through his pages and pages of notes at the funeral

Still watchable but still nowhere near its peak days. Johnson's speech was incongruous.

Brilliant. I haven't laughed so much in ages.

Thank God it's back. I've missed spending time with Mark and Jez. Poor Gerard though :(