Current radio comedy Page 108

I love radio comedy when you fall asleep your laugh sub consciously!!

The next season of Cabin Pressure is rumoured to be the last. Each show has started with a letter of the alphabet and that leaves one more series and a special.

Quote: Pingl @ November 17 2012, 11:38 AM GMT

The next season of Cabin Pressure is rumoured to be the last. Each show has started with a letter of the alphabet and that leaves one more series and a special.

I'm looking forward to the new series of Cabin Pressure. A brilliant, funny way to start the new year.

Quote: Claire Hardiker @ November 17 2012, 12:40 PM GMT

I'm looking forward to the new series of Cabin Pressure. A brilliant, funny way to start the new year.

It is a classic, hope the rumours aren't true.

Quote: Pingl @ November 17 2012, 12:42 PM GMT

It is a classic, hope the rumours aren't true.

Also it's great that all the cast is unchanged since in the future it might get harder for all of them to be there. So I'll wouldn't be surprised if it was the last because of that reason than anything else.

Until then there is new Bleak Expectations on Tuesday :D

True! I'd completely forgotten about Bleak Expectations coming back. Thanks for reminding me :)

Ooh me too

Ta

For those interested John Lloyd is on this morning's edition of Desert Island Discs (Radio 4, 11.15am).

Caught up with The Golden Age the other day, Arthur Matthews' (Father Ted) comedy about the BBC in its early Lord Reith days. A peculiar mix of mad, bad and good. I'll give it another chance.

Quote: italophile @ November 19 2012, 8:08 AM GMT

Caught up with The Golden Age the other day, Arthur Matthews' (Father Ted) comedy about the BBC in its early Lord Reith days. A peculiar mix of mad, bad and good. I'll give it another chance.

Didn't know what to make of this, will listen again, but it seems pretty run of the mill stuff, nothing original.

Quote: italophile @ November 19 2012, 8:08 AM GMT

I found it funny in places like the extreme grouse shooting bit at the end of episode two. Just the way the commentator describes what he is seeing is just brilliant.

The series is ok, just a gentle comedy about the 1930s.

There is going to be a news quiz meets the now show Christmas special, Sandi Toksvig and Jeremy Hardy vs Punt and Dennis hosted by Rory Bremner. And a ISIHAC special with Stephen Fry and the regular team.

Nice photograph of you, Pingl!

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ November 20 2012, 2:43 PM GMT

Nice photograph of you, Pingl!

Handsome blighter or what ;)

Speaking as someone who has been to and works at anime conventions, I can tell you that every single anime convention is noq going to sound just like Tony Hawks on this week's ISIHAC - a room full of slightly eccentric and bizarre people, trying desperately to sing Gangnam Style correctly.