Harry & Paul - Series 4 Page 3

It's lazy, a constant repetition of sketches that were only vaguely funny the first time, especially the posh shop sketch, just repeating it doesn't make it any funnier, ditto sweaty men. These two are coasting when they could do so much better.

They must've been having comedy chats with Stewart Lee.

Quote: Aaron @ November 3 2012, 11:27 AM GMT

They must've been having comedy chats with Stewart Lee.

If you equate Harry and Paul with Stewart Lee, do you equate Lenny Bruce with I Love Lucy?

I've only a vague knowledge of either, so as far as I'm concerned... :)

I found it OK throughout, with some very funny bits (yes, the Danish bit and QT). Overall, it was perhaps not as great as previous episodes, but certainly not rubbish either. I'll be watching more.

There were 1 or 2 mildly amusing bits but on the whole I think they should have drawn the line after series three.

I really like it when they play the part of the two elderly posh doctors

Charles and..erm the other one

They could make a series from those two

Poor review on Points of View - (near the start) http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01nt4t3/Points_of_View_2012_Episode_18/

I'm enjoying it so far. One of the things that seems to get louder with each run of this is the meta commentary on TV comedy, seen this week in the form of the Curb Your Enthusiasm sketches. It's quite interesting to see seasoned comedians actually directly call out other comedies.

Speaking of, I'm pretty sure we all know a version of the boxset couple. I certainly do.

Quote: Gelgoog @ November 4 2012, 10:27 PM GMT

I'm enjoying it so far. One of the things that seems to get louder with each run of this is the meta commentary on TV comedy, seen this week in the form of the Curb Your Enthusiasm sketches. It's quite interesting to see seasoned comedians actually directly call out other comedies.

Speaking of, I'm pretty sure we all know a version of the boxset couple. I certainly do.

But, not everybody watches/watched Curb Your Enthusiasm. I don't think it got good ratings in the UK!

Quite enjoyed that this week. Still quite a number of oddities, but felt like a better hit rate, and a more enjoyable tone.

Although I was somewhat perturbed to notice that the box set couple had two copies of the Pink Panther film collection. Tut.

Quote: Aaron @ November 4 2012, 10:37 PM GMT

Quite enjoyed that this week. Still quite a number of oddities, but felt like a better hit rate, and a more enjoyable tone.

Although I was somewhat perturbed to notice that the box set couple had two copies of the Pink Panther film collection. Tut.

One each, surely! Wasn't that THE joke?

Mostly okay-ish, but that's enough Parking Pataweyo now, and that Kevin Eldon thing with the fifties women is just painful on the ears.

Just watched the irstWife 20 minutes of Episode 1. I thought the sketches were well written and performed.

I see there was no studio audience? I actually had to YouTube previous series to confirm that previous shows did have an audience.

I think that is the reason that a lot of people aren't getting this.

Quote: Will Cam @ November 4 2012, 11:47 PM GMT

Just watched the irstWife 20 minutes of Episode 1.

???

Quote: Will Cam @ November 4 2012, 11:47 PM GMT

I see there was no studio audience? I actually had to YouTube previous series to confirm that previous shows did have an audience.

I think that is the reason that a lot of people aren't getting this.

Series 1 was recorded in front of an audience. Series 2 was screened and laughter recorded. Series 3 onwards have been silent.