Harry & Paul - Series 4 Page 8

Parking Pataweyo really pushed the 'racism' this week.....

I'd never heard "coconut" used that way before. Guessing it's the limey version of "Oreo".

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ November 19 2012, 2:00 AM GMT

I'd never heard "coconut" used that way before. Guessing it's the limey version of "Oreo".

Not really, no one uses it. There are hundreds of historic racial nicknames no one's ever heard of. No one would have heard of the fuzzy wuzzies if it weren't for Cpl Jones...

For once, a politician spoke the truth!

Out of this whole series so far I would have to say the funniest on going run of sketches were the Nelson Mandela ones but also I found on YouTube this sketch which I never saw when it was originally broadcast on TV (probably because I just gave up on the series after a while - for obvious reasons) and when I did I thought 'This can't possibly be from 'Harry and Paul' - it's funny...really really funny...and so well written and shot'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB1FgExOvRI

I swear that could pass for a Harry Enfield and Chums sketch. Shame the most recent On the Buses sketch was nowhere near as good.

Quote: johnny smith @ November 19 2012, 10:55 AM GMT

Out of this whole series so far I would have to say the funniest on going run of sketches were the Nelson Mandela ones but also I found on YouTube this sketch which I never saw when it was originally broadcast on TV (probably because I just gave up on the series after a while - for obvious reasons) and when I did I thought 'This can't possibly be from 'Harry and Paul' - it's funny...really really funny...and so well written and shot'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB1FgExOvRI

I swear that could pass for a Harry Enfield and Chums sketch. Shame the most recent On the Buses sketch was nowhere near as good.

Their spoofs haven't exactly been up to date, have they?
How many H&P viewers know what On the Buses is? As for the TV show, Dragons Den, Who wants to be a Millionaire, and Ricky Gervais impressions are years behind!

Quote: Jinky @ November 18 2012, 11:00 PM GMT

Parking Pataweyo really pushed the 'racism' this week.....

I'm sure the number for OFCOM is easily found online...

Has anyone noticed that there are NO reviews of last night's episode on any websites?

Quote: Charlie Boy @ November 19 2012, 12:47 PM GMT

Their spoofs haven't exactly been up to date, have they?
How many H&P viewers know what On the Buses is? As for the TV show, Dragons Den, Who wants to be a Millionaire, and Ricky Gervais impressions are years behind!

What, do you think the core audience of this show is 5 year olds or something? When the taget you are parodying is from the 70s then it's so old and dated that it becomes automatically funny again - like it's come full circle. Hence one of the reasons why those 40s/50s-set Mr Cholmondley-Warner sketches from Chums/Television Show were so funny.

Quote: Charlie Boy @ November 19 2012, 9:36 PM GMT

Has anyone noticed that there are NO reviews of last nights episode on any websites?

okay, heres one for ya

'Bollocks'

Whistling nnocently

Quote: lofthouse @ November 19 2012, 11:38 PM GMT

okay, heres one for ya

'Bollocks'

Whistling nnocently

Laughing out loud

This series is making me bipolar. One week it feels like an unmitigated pile of horse dung, the next I'm wondering if they're actual genuine comedy geniuses.

Stopped watching it was making my teeth itch!

Gervais sketch was great. Best episode of the series for me.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ November 21 2012, 2:02 PM GMT

I think some of this is the best stuff I've seen on the BBC in ages. Loved the subliminal "you mustn't slag off Stephen Fry" and the Rio Ferdinand digs.

Oh Santa, please please please - a QI spoof and the death of Parking Pataweyo, hit by a white van and instantly celebrated in the best AK47 style.

Oh if only.

Now, that sounds like a sketch!

Quote: Badge @ November 21 2012, 2:20 PM GMT

Gervais sketch was great. Best episode of the series for me.

Are you on drugs?