Bad Education - Series 1 Page 5

Quote: zooo @ August 23 2012, 11:54 AM BST

What is a glitterish?

Something akin to an angry pirate, perhaps?

Quote: zooo @ August 23 2012, 11:54 AM BST

What is a glitterish?

Something you get with a sherbet fountain

Slightly paedo-y?

Second series ordered. Unsurprising and very welcome news. :)

https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/00000896/bad_education_jack_whitehall_series_2/

That's good news.

I like this a lot. I had a feeling it would be okay but it's very, very good. Characterisation is very good and the one-liners are excellent too.

I have to say, Jack Whitehall is the kind of person who should rile me for all sorts of reasons, but he keeps coming up with the goods. He's an excellent performer and now he's proving he can write sitcom very well. So, you know what, well done him! And congrats on the very much deserved second series.

I approve of the less-twatty haircut too.

Dan

I CANNOT BELIEVE that this has a second series commissioned ALREADY!!! I LOVE Jack as a comedian, and an actor in Fresh Meat, but I think 'Bad Education' is in the words of Simon Cowell - distinctly AVERAGE!!! And a bit predictable in gags etc. It doesn't make sense that this has a second series and something like the sitcom 'Whites' that starred Alan Davies last year got dropped though it was SO much better. Just goes to show that the reason you get a second series just depends on ratings, and as a lot of girls fancy Jack Whitehall, that is probably why the views were so high.

Quote: Benedict @ August 22 2012, 5:47 PM BST

Thought the 2nd episode was better than the first. Still a bit average though I thought.

Thank you! I agree :) It only got high ratings because Jack Whitehall has a huge follwing. x

I saw one episode and loved it. Full of distinctive characters, tight plotting and excellent lines.

And unlike most school sitcoms a very nice mix of teacher and pupil characters.

Watched 2nd episode with open mind - bored. Maybe it's an age thing having grown up with the classics of Steptoe, Rigsby, Del Boy etc. My opinion, probably great for upper teens but too self indulgent and lacking character, relationship or plot to be memorable. Won't be going out of way to watch again. You either love it or you don't. I don't.

I thought his final confession was poigniant and the coming together of the paedo evidence was elegant and worthy of Columbo.

Didn't think the latest episode was as good as the first two. Did like the hijab/balaclava bit though.

hmmm... caught the bit where he was being beaten up by (i think) a guy from another shitcom (or sketch show I think he's scottish) which is supposed to be one of the best bits...

god's tits!!!

jack whitehall can't act... the part he's written is HIMSELF!!! (check out FRESH MEAT or his standup)

a posh dickhead!!!

add to that the cameo of a "hot schoolgirl" and we have a late twenty something pervy fantasy...

quite why this SHITE has already been commissioned for a second series is beyond my paltry powers...

must be nice to be face of the (twelve) month... I look forward to he middle of next year...

For a BBC Three sitcom, I'm finding this surprisingly watchable.

Quote: Rapscallion @ September 4 2012, 2:00 AM BST

quite why this SHITE has already been commissioned for a second series is beyond my paltry powers...

Well, it's been very successful so far for the channel, so it makes sense to make more.

Hilarious tonight.

The Loose Women voicemail message, the headteacher in general and his dreadlocks in particular and get your tit's out then stopping the old randy teacher. Then a Chris Kamara "unbelievable Jeff". Fantastic!