Why members have been banned thread Page 4

According to the shops that's next month, isn't it?

Pretty much!

I see that new poster Kall has been banned. Once again I would ask if. Even though I could hazzard a guess, Could be told the official reason why?

Because you touch yourself at work.

Quote: Will Cam @ August 31 2012, 11:40 AM BST

I see that new poster Kall has been banned. Once again I would ask if. Even though I could hazzard a guess, Could be told the official reason why?

It's not gonna happen, Will. Never does.

Broke the rules and was a black, French, homosexual jew.

For the same reason a number of others will soon go the same way - they're multiple accounts belonging to a single, persistent troublemaker. It's not like there's any subtlety to it - when one account gets banned another pops up right away to take their place (sometimes two of late).

The real question is why the offending accounts are allowed to persist as long as they do. I suspect as much as anything it's an admin issue - someone has to go to the trouble each time of cross-checking IPs and blocking him from the system, which all takes time. I do sometimes wonder if he's deliberately allowed to hang around a while just because he encourages traffic with his novelty characters and manufactured polemic.

In the end there's nothing that can be done to lock him out of the forum so maybe it's best to allow him to carry on venting in the hope that it keeps him too busy to mail poison pen letters or harrass people with threatening phonecalls.

Quote: David Bussell @ August 31 2012, 11:55 AM BST

I do sometimes wonder if he's deliberately allowed to hang around a while just because he encourages traffic with his novelty characters and manufactured polemic.

:S
Nope.

Yes and the thing is stylistically he's a bit of a Chesney Hawks.

I think there should be a "Make an unfounded claim as to why a member was banned" thread. Where's Sunshine when you need him?

That's basically what this thread is already!

Ha, true.

Quote: zooo @ August 31 2012, 11:57 AM BST

:S
Nope.

Like I say, just a theory. There's no doubting this place would be a lot quieter without all those excess accounts chattering away. I'm not saying the mods wouldn't have done with him in a second if they could just click their fingers and do so, but given that they can't it seemed like allowing him to chatter might be a strategy of some sort.

Basically, you can't ban people until you have a concrete reason to do so. (Well you could, but that's not the way this site is run.) We don't want to risk banning perfectly innocent, if odd, people, as collateral in trying to get rid of people we suspect 'might' be trolls.

It's not always as simple as 'checking their IP'.

Why is Will so intrigued? Is he planning to commit the most bannable offence possible?