Why members have been banned thread Page 10

Quote: sootyj @ October 31 2013, 7:27 PM GMT

what did I do

"You know exactly what!"

I see Horseradish has been banned following his sanctimonious voyage of paranoia and accusation on the Nostalgia thread; was there more to it than that?

resigned I thought

Banned, according to his greyed-out avatar.

Youre right I was looking at the old profile

Quote: Nogget @ 3rd January 2014, 6:26 AM GMT

I see Horseradish has been banned following his sanctimonious voyage of paranoia and accusation on the Nostalgia thread; was there more to it than that?

I really don't know what it takes to get banned sometimes. If it really only was this "sanctimonious voyage of paranoia and accusation on the Nostalgia thread" then my question would be: couldn't it get sorted out with a calm talking over?

Imo Horseradish was a decent witty guy who normally tried to be nice to everyone, who this time (unnecessarily) felt the need to defend a seemingly "weaker" member from the verbal attacks by certain other members (me included)...what's the problem?

Worse things happen on this site...without any consequences for the iundividuals in question (I don't name names because I most probably would get into trouble for that).

I doubt it was behaviour or manners, mods are pretty open about warnings for that sort of thing

So let's not start the slow descent into paranoia

Seems a shame about Horseradish, he locked horns last night and went on to accuse the mods of deleting posts but then apologised for that. The one thing I think he went too far with was posting personal snippets of another member's personal life (which were wrong anyway). One the whole though he was, as far as I could see, a benign member all the while he was here. Is there no cooling off period for members before being banned? I would have thought banning is a last resort for the mods so they must have had good reason...just seems a shame he went like that.

I doubt it was about his posting, I've seen worse.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 3rd January 2014, 11:41 AM GMT

...just seems a shame he went like that.

Don't get nostalgic. ;)

Don't Look Back In Anger - Oasis 1996....whoops wrong thread Whistling nnocently

Being in this thread I'd like to ask a hypothetical question:

If a member has been banned once (or even twice) in the past, resigns the third time with insulting this forum, then comes back with a different persona (and new job[s]) again, but subsequently reveals his past identities (either deliberately or through stupidity)...isn't it a bit strange for this member and the rest of the forum to go on with that charade? Similarly: If I kill someone, escape and return after a plastic surgery with false passport but reveal my true identity shouldn't I get prosecuted?

Like I said: a purely hypothetical question.

Gordon why do you bring me into this everytime? No need for that

Quote: ComedyGeek @ 3rd January 2014, 12:28 PM GMT

Gordon why do you bring me into this everytime? No need for that

I don't know what you're talking about.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 3rd January 2014, 12:07 PM GMT

Being in this thread I'd like to ask a hypothetical question:

If a member has been banned once (or even twice) in the past, resigns the third time with insulting this forum, then comes back with a different persona (and new job[s]) again, but subsequently reveals his past identities (either deliberately or through stupidity)...isn't it a bit strange for this member and the rest of the forum to go on with that charade? Similarly: If I kill someone, escape and return after a plastic surgery with false passport but reveal my true identity shouldn't I get prosecuted?

Like I said: a purely hypothetical question.

This is about me, isn't it?