Why members have been banned thread Page 9

Quote: roscoff @ August 27 2013, 7:14 PM BST

If anyone wants to talk dirty to me I promise I won't sue.

For the last time I'm not even Sooty, I'm Sootyj and certainly not Sue.

And that's a terrible waste with your lovely lilting Welsh accent.

You could make the test cricket scores filthy.

Quote: Jennie @ August 27 2013, 7:14 PM BST

You can't just talk shit over the internet.

You need to get yourself into the critique section right now young lady!

Can I sue people for dissing critique?

:D

Quote: sootyj @ August 27 2013, 7:19 PM BST

Can I sue people for dissing critique?

Depends if they had probable cause I expect. ;)

Probable cause? Your face.

Wacky Tiger has very controversial views on Spin City it seems.

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ August 28 2012, 6:03 PM BST

The loss of VV has hit me pretty hard. I've wrote a quick poem to express my feelings:

With an iron fist, the admins rule
They've smashed it through our Vestibule

They claim abuse, but we no better
It's a result of The Clique's vendetta

Racist abuse, the site forbids
But you adopted two Asian kids

You were one of a kind, that was the thing
Better than a Stylee, a Roodeye or a Ming

The time has come, goodbye Veronica
I'm off to play on my harmonica

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Another one to add to the list, although I don't think we need much explanation.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/29003/

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Seems Sooty called that one.

Quote: Jennie @ August 27 2013, 7:14 PM BST

I get to talk law! :D

You can't just talk shit over the internet. Section 1(1) of the Malicious Communications Act 1988 states that " Any person who sends to another person
a letter, electronic communication or article of any description which conveys
a message which is indecent or grossly offensive or a threat...is liable on conviction to a term of imprisonment not exceeding six months or a level 5 fine."

It is NOT necessary for the defendant to intend that the threat be carried out. It is sufficient in law that he intended to cause "harassment, alarm or distress" to the recipient. It is generally taken as read that a threat is sent with that intention.

These offences are getting prosecuted more and more, because they are so much easier to prove in the days of IP and email addresses. If it can be proved you sent it, and a complaint is made to the cops, you will likely get prosecuted - and receive either a caution or a full conviction.

Both will be on your criminal record and are tricky to explain away to employers.

So don't do it. And if you are going to do it, probably best not to do it to Aaron, who presumably can access our email and IP addresses.

Here endeth the lesson.

That's good to know Jennie :)
It's scary how many cowards there are who think they're anonymous and use it to bully people.
I watched Richard Bacon's documentary on trolls and it was absolutely disgusting that a young boy killed himself because of it and was still getting trolls on his Facebook RIP page making jokes about his death. It makes you worry about just how many sickos there are out there.

Quote: Nogget @ October 31 2013, 3:50 PM GMT

Another one to add to the list, although I don't think we need much explanation.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/29003/

What an irony, poor old plum pudding only wanted Russell Howard to go away...now he's the one that had to go... Teary ( Laughing out loud Laughing out loud )

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ October 31 2013, 5:31 PM GMT

What an irony, poor old plum pudding only wanted Russell Howard to go away...now he's the one that had to go... Teary ( Laughing out loud Laughing out loud )

It is ironic, yes, although it doesn't imply that we necessarily want Russell to not go away.

That is even more ironic. Yes, you're right.

Quote: L.E. @ October 31 2013, 4:46 PM GMT

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Seems Sooty called that one.

what did I do