I read the news today oh boy! Page 808

No, just 3 small bottles of beer at a neighbor's house while we watched House.

:D Very Small time for you Randy!! no hog-roast and Hooley?

I don't know what a hooley is, but we had 130 people over for a crawfish boil two days earlier. Plenty of merriment that day and the next.

:D That is more like it, I love shrimps are they the same as crawfish?

Crawfish look like tiny lobsters. They live in fresh water bayous, so there's a slightly muddy flavor that's easy to overcome if prepared properly. This year we cooked 150 pounds along with sausage, potatoes, corn and many other side dishes.

A photo from last years boil:

Huh? No, those buggers are massive, shrimps are tiny, wow you have people in aprons and chefs hats at a barby?

Quote: dellas @ May 9 2012, 9:31 PM BST

No, those buggers are massive, shrimps are tiny, wow you have people in aprons and chefs hats at a barby?

You must have some tiny shrimp over there. The ones from the nearby Gulf of Mexico are fairly large.

My neighbor is wearing a fishing shirt in the photo. They are light shirts designed to keep the wearer cool in the heat. There's a vent in the back to let air flow through; they're quite comfortable when the temperatures are in the triple digits.

Quote: DaButt @ May 9 2012, 10:15 PM BST

You must have some tiny shrimp over there. The ones from the nearby Gulf of Mexico are fairly large.

My neighbor is wearing a fishing shirt in the photo. They are light shirts designed to keep the wearer cool in the heat. There's a vent in the back to let air flow through; they're quite comfortable when the temperatures are in the triple digits.

looks quite kinky.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-18008302

Vidal Sassoon has CURLED his toes and done his last DYE job. His CONDITION is now PERMANANET, but I'll shed NO MORE TEARS and instead raise a glass of SHAMPOO to this high ROLLER who lived on the FRINGES.

Quote: Chappers @ May 10 2012, 12:00 AM BST

looks quite kinky.

Unless you've spent months in triple digit temps, you'll need to move here before you can make that judgement. ;)

could some one write a pun for me about back vents and gayness

Quote: sootyj @ May 10 2012, 3:53 AM BST

could some one write a pun for me about back vents and gayness

That friend and several others just watched The Avengers. Have fun with the general fixation.

:O Amazing info Dabutt, yes can understand in that temp; Crikey I wouldn't last 1 minute in heat. Do your freezers buzz all night?...and air-con? must cost plenty dollars?

Quote: dellas @ May 9 2012, 9:31 PM BST

Huh? No, those buggers are massive, shrimps are tiny, wow you have people in aprons and chefs hats at a barby?

Note to Dellas - Americans mean prawns when they say shrimp.

Crawfish are ridiculous buggers with lots of bits and little meat. Shrimp is the way to go, Dublin Bay, Langoustine etc. Not a huge fan of the lobster. Hey... yeah I know it's not really news! But I just wanted to share.