Newsjack - Series 6 Page 67

Bye Bye Mr Auto Reply
Well My funnies make no Money cos they're terribly dry.
Some good old jokes I got from BBC news
Singing this'll be the week that they're used.
This'll be the week that they're used.

What do you think the odds are that there's been a week six lull?

Quote: groovydude89 @ March 27 2012, 6:25 PM BST

What do you think the odds are that there's been a week six lull?

Not great, alas.

Sent some one-liners, but I think they were too focused on big news stories from two or three days ago that will be covered in sketches. I meant to spend today working on secondary stories/the wealth of new stories that broke today, but domestic circumstances unexpectedly did not permit, so had to send what I had. Don't think I stand much chance.

Newsjack is the most high profile open door radio show for a very long time (with the advent of social media, perhaps ever). Many people will be sending stuff in. Just something to remember for any feeling frustrated. The competition is fierce. Perseverance is just as important as ability.

It was only a few hours ago and already the news just sounds like weird noise

Quote: Bomsh @ March 27 2012, 8:47 PM BST

It was only a few hours ago and already the news just sounds like weird noise

That's so poignant. It's makes me feel a bit sad :( it's like losing new friends I've only just started to get to know.

This is the first series I've contributed to and I'm really going to miss it. I've learned loads in only 5 weeks. And hopefully I've put that learning to good use for the finale. I'll be at the show tomorrow - I'll look out for anyone I recognise from the drinks earlier in the series.

Alison x

I'll be there...

Well look out for me. I'll be there with my friend, Helen - who isn't a writer but has been shown my one-liners and briefed to laugh hysterically if any of them appear.

has anyone ever got a you've made it email and a recorded but cut email for the same show?

No, you get one or the other in my experience. I was at a recording last series where I had a sketch broadcast and a JackApp recorded.

Dan

Quote: Big Jack @ March 27 2012, 10:07 PM BST

I'll be there...

A week is a long time in politics and 24 hours is a long time in a five year old throwing up in his bed and then all the following day.

I won't be there...

And that would explain why I couldn't see you. Nonetheless I would have been very poor company tonight as I didn't make the recording so not holding out much hope for a surprise email tomorrow.

I like to think of that in terms of regaining my Thursday afternoon and not getting F5 finger (a recognised medical condition).

I don't suppose there was any mention of a sexy Vince Cable at the recording? :)

Sorry to hear that, Alison - How was the last show overall?

I don't think there was to be honest. I sensed a lot of the sketch material (in particular) had been written in house given the volume of late breaking materiel - but I might be doing a lot of writers here a disservice.

Thanks RJ. I didn't think it was the best episode to be honest - it seemed to peek at ep 4 or 5. I expected more to be made of cruddas event which was covered in a Newsjack shop but not much more. Was definitely a nostalgic feeling. Lyndsay mentioned show returning in October although no date set.