Watson & Oliver - Series 1 Page 5

Thought this was quite good. A few of the sketches I felt like I had seen before, some of them reminded me of School of Comedy for some reason.

Very average. How come these two go straight to BBC Two, yet so much great comedy in the past has never made it past BBC Three? E.g. Still Game, Boosh, How Not To Live Your Life etc.

Oh, just to add - anyone else incensed by having a 'next week' trailer for a sketch show? Broadcasters get even more patronising all the time...

Quote: Antrax @ February 23 2012, 11:31 PM GMT

Oh, just to add - anyone else incensed by having a 'next week' trailer for a sketch show? Broadcasters get even more patronising all the time...

Not quite incensed, but it did strike me as unusual. Don't they have enough material?

Quote: daz hogarth @ February 23 2012, 9:28 AM GMT

Very average. How come these two go straight to BBC Two, yet so much great comedy in the past has never made it past BBC Three? E.g. Still Game, Boosh, How Not To Live Your Life etc.

Still Game was on BBC2

I keep randomly thinking of individual lines from a few sketches and chuckling to myself. That's the mark of a good sketch show in my book.

The tenth edition of our podcast, What Are You Laughing At?: The British Comedy Podcast, is out now. Lorna and Ingrid are our guests for this episode, and they discuss the making of the show, the writing process, their background in live comedy, and a hairy performance in Glasgow.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/podcasts/british_comedy_podcast/10_watson_oliver/

I thought there were a few good sketches in the show, I was pleasantly surprised.

Very good again this week.

Loved the bicycle clips.

It bumbles along nicely enough, but there's nothing particularly memorable or outstanding in it. With stronger material they could be pretty good.

Are you going to send some in...?

Quote: zooo @ February 27 2012, 10:45 PM GMT

Are you going to send some in...?

No need for snit, zooo.

Missed it, will have to see if I can view it on iPlayer.

I honestly don't know why they bother making six episodes of sketch shows these days. Once you''ve seen the first episode that about covers it. I quite enjoyed the girlfight mind.

Quote: Timbo @ February 27 2012, 11:24 PM GMT

I honestly don't know why they bother making six episodes of sketch shows these days. Once you''ve seen the first episode that about covers it. I quite enjoyed the girlfight mind.

It seems to be sexy catfight season what with this and White Van Man.