Watson & Oliver - Series 1

Well that was rather amusing! Highlights being the eyebrow sketch, Myleene Klass done a classical, and the prison officers. And the Barrowman song was actually good.

I totally didn't (and don't) 'get' Jean and Pat (prisoner and guard). In an almost Pythonesque manner, it just seemed to trail off for me, with neither laugh nor punchline.

Next week, someone else done a thing!

Quote: Aaron @ February 20 2012, 10:58 PM GMT

Next week, someone else done a thing!

:D

I totally didn't (and don't) 'get' Jean and Pat (prisoner and guard). In an almost Pythonesque manner, it just seemed to trail off for me, with neither laugh nor punchline.

Maybe it'll build up to something. But even if not I just found it funny - people really do talk like that to each other. They spend 10 minutes speaking but saying absolutely nothing at all.

I also liked the 'darlin' sketch. I wonder how many times they had to reshoot.

Really good, where have those girls been hiding?? Best bits for me were the period drama giggling scene, Myleen Klass, John Barrowman sketch, eyebrows sketch and the gloved detective going home in the middle of a big breakthrough cos she's got a fridge freezer being delivered :D

I did like her mittens.

Quote: zooo @ February 20 2012, 11:02 PM GMT

Maybe it'll build up to something. But even if not I just found it funny - people really do talk like that to each other. They spend 10 minutes speaking but saying absolutely nothing at all.

I've seen half of the series, and it hasn't yet!

But I don't know how to talk to people, so maybe therein lies my not finding humour.

Quote: zooo @ February 20 2012, 11:02 PM GMT

I also liked the 'darlin' sketch. I wonder how many times they had to reshoot.

A few, dullin.

Quote: Aaron @ February 20 2012, 11:13 PM GMT

I've seen half of the series, and it hasn't yet!

I thinkkk I saw a clip of them in the coming up soon bit at the end of the episode.

A few, dullin.

Heee.

My own thoughts (based on first 3 episodes): I really like it. There are some really good, very funny sketches, and as inherent with any sketch show, some that are ... well, less so. The writing could be pacier in places, but Watson & Oliver have such great chemistry and such an infectious screen presence that even in those weaker sketches, I couldn't dislike them. If there's a second series I'd also like to see a bit more of the studio banter. I think that works really well for them.

It's really really nice.

Thought it was pretty bad tbh. I only saw the second half. The John Barrowman scenes were more reminiscent of something Ant and Dec used to do on their show with their star guest (except Ant or Dec would come in dressed as Annie). I tend to agree. It's about 9 to 10 against on Twitter, someone even asking when did Cbeebeis get scheduled in primetime.

I loved it! Very funny. Kate and William one really made me laugh, as did the eyebrows.

I think my favourite bit was when the Playboy Bunny did an inexplicably slow cartwheel in the backround.

I'd never heard of Ms Watson or Ms Oliver before watching their new programme tonight.

Programmes like this, with their spoofs of posh stuff that I don't understand, make me extremely angry.

Ha! Which bits were the posh stuff you didn't understand?

It was all way too Footlights for me.

I thought, as a country, we'd got beyond this.

Still not knowing anything about these people, I'd guess that they were in fact Footlights types, and that this is based on an Edinburgh show they did that was based on a Footlights thing they did.

Just looked like sketches to me.