Hi

Hello everyone! Wanted to introduce myself before diving head-first into discussions.

My name's Jen and I live in London. (...and I am a comedy addict...) I'm a nanny so I spend a lot of time 'laughing' at knock-knock jokes (or explaining them to confused children, which is a demoralising experience).

Not really interested in modern American comedy (just doesn't work for me) but apart from that I am a complete comedy junkie! I have pretty eclectic tastes and I love everything from Dad's Army and The Good Life to The Mighty Boosh and The IT Crowd. Really into old comedy films from 30s-60s, and I also really enjoy panel shows, radio comedy and stand up.

I love live comedy but I don't get to see as much of it as I would like to as I work late and my friends have poor taste in comedy! Managed to see a few of the big names (Minchin, Bailey, McIntyre, O'Briain etc.) and have been to see the Comedy Store Players several times, but it's hard work dragging people to see an act they've never heard of!

Anyway, this place looks fun...hopefully I'll stick around and claim a beanbag.

Hello! Wave

Hello there Wave

Hi Wave

:) Hi great to meet more women on here we need them as it gets very sexist at times!

Ooh dear...a few cavemen knocking about, eh? They're ubiquitous online, unfortunately. Seems like a nice place, though :)

Wave

Quote: Harridan @ February 11 2012, 7:51 PM GMT

Ooh dear...a few cavemen knocking about, eh? They're ubiquitous online, unfortunately. Seems like a nice place, though :)

We try to keep the cave nice and homely. Welcome.

Hello to you, good lady Jen. Do you have a favourite of the old comedy films?

I don't have a favourite anything (seriously, I think it must be some kind of disorder) but among the films that I enjoy are His Girl Friday, Passport to Pimlico, What a Way to Go, Top Hat, The Philadelphia Story, Desk Set, Some Like it Hot, Kind Hearts and Coronets...I could go on all night!

Ha ha. I don't have any definitively favourite comedies (I've just seen far, far too much to choose any one stand-out) so understand that!

I have recently discovered the delights of The Bargee, if you're not familiar with it: https://www.comedy.co.uk/film/the_bargee/

Wave Hi, Jen - welcome. Good intro btw.

Not seen The Bargee, will keep an eye out for it.

Quote: ShirleyMcFurley @ February 12 2012, 2:04 AM GMT

Wave Hi, Jen - welcome. Good intro btw.

I was going to come down from the ceiling on a wire wearing gold sequins and a tiara but I thought it might be a bit much...

Hello, Jennifer.

Welcome. I am one of the non-sexist gents here. I'm just your average sexy dude.

Hi Jennifer, and welcome! :D

My boyfriend's 5 year old cousin has a great knock-knock joke about a man who got so bored playing hide and seek his head exploded... :P