Hi Page 3

Chaplin does nothing for me either. I'm rather partial to L&H though, and have quite enjoyed what little I've had time to see of Keaton.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 12 2012, 7:29 PM GMT

Though Laurel, who wrote them all too, was from over here, wasn't he??

Correct. :)

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ February 12 2012, 5:27 PM GMT

Hi Jennifer, and welcome! :D

My boyfriend's 5 year old cousin has a great knock-knock joke about a man who got so bored playing hide and seek his head exploded... :P

Well let's hear it!

I fupping love Buster Keaton (and Harold Lloyd). Much better than Chaplin.

Quote: Aaron @ February 12 2012, 7:27 PM GMT

Well don't forget they started on Radio 2. It's the TV series that's American in production.

Ah yes, true.

Quote: DaButt @ February 12 2012, 7:29 PM GMT

Only House? And I'll bet the sci-fi series is Star Trek TNG. You probably watch The Walking Dead as well because you hate Americans and only watch shows with British actors. I am going to campaign to cleanse these forums of such vile thoughts.

(I'm kidding, of course.)

;)

Don't watch The Walking Dead...I'm waiting for zombies to go out of fashion, I'm so bored of them!

To be honest I think it's the shiny beautiful people championing love and karma and Christian values over everything else that makes me want to vomit. Loved Aaron Sorkin's shows and now that I think of it, I am a Daily Show devotee, but it all just looks the bloody same whenever a new show comes out of America.

Quote: Harridan @ February 12 2012, 7:43 PM GMT

To be honest I think it's the shiny beautiful people championing love and karma and Christian values over everything else that makes me want to vomit.

:D You'll get on well with Alfred J Kipper!

Quote: Harridan @ February 12 2012, 7:43 PM GMT

I am a Daily Show devotee, but it all just looks the bloody same whenever a new show comes out of America.

You should check out Louie, the very opposite of shiny, cookie cuter American sitcom.

I'll give it a look :)

Harridan, wish to make it clear that when I said some sexist people here I meant to put this emoticom ;) OK you will enjoy it here!

Quote: Aaron @ February 12 2012, 5:56 PM GMT

Ha ha. Robyn got pwned. Pleased

:( Soh-rry.

D'aw. There there. *pats you on the head* :)

Quote: Harridan @ February 12 2012, 5:52 PM GMT

Thanks for the welcomes, but the name's Jen, not Jennifer!

Ooops!

Soweeee!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 12 2012, 7:51 PM GMT

You should check out Louie, the very opposite of shiny, cookie cuter American sitcom.

Echoing this. Louie is a fantastic show.

I've been watching a ton of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia since it was added to Netflix.

I'd say that my favourite American show is still Arrested Development though.

Have you checked those out?

Hi, I'm new here.

I love watching & listening to comedy (old and new) and most recently had an ultimately unsuccessful go at writing for 'Newsjack'. So, I'm here to learn and have fun! :)

Wave Hi Dalek!

Quote: dellas @ February 23 2012, 6:52 PM GMT

Wave Hi Dalek!

Thanks!