Hi Page 2

Greetings from a recently diagnosed misogynist.

Thanks for the welcomes, but the name's Jen, not Jennifer!

Ha ha. Robyn got pwned. Pleased

Hey Jen. :)

I promise we are all nice really.

Hello, and also-

Quote: Harridan @ February 10 2012, 9:43 PM GMT

Not really interested in modern American comedy (just doesn't work for me)

:O :O

Have you tried 30 Rock, Jen?

Hello and welcome you seem to be fitting right in!

Hello and welcome you seem to be fitting right in!

Quote: zooo @ February 12 2012, 6:57 PM GMT

Have you tried 30 Rock, Jen?

Tried it and didn't enjoy it at all. And everyone I know has told me to watch it but it's much like the rest of American comedy which I feel very alienated from. I don't really watch any American television (House and the occasional sci-fi series excluded) and I so rarely find American comedy films funny that I tend to leave them alone. That's not to say that they aren't funny, it's just that the American experience of life (as portrayed on screen) is so far removed from my experience that I can't relate to it and so can't find it funny. It always seems either predictable or bombastic.

About 80 % of the comedy I watch and listen to seems to come from America these days; I'd be on severe comedy rations without them!

Ah, fair enough. :)
Do you like Flight of the Conchords? I found it a bit Booshy. It is (I think) filmed in America, but because they're from New Zealand it feels more... English.
(That makes NO sense but I'm going with it.)

Haven't really seen Flight of the Conchords, though I have heard it's very good.

What about Laurel and Hardy?

Quote: zooo @ February 12 2012, 7:23 PM GMT

Ah, fair enough. :)
Do you like Flight of the Conchords? I found it a bit Booshy. It is (I think) filmed in America, but because they're from New Zealand it feels more... English.
(That makes NO sense but I'm going with it.)

Well don't forget they started on Radio 2. It's the TV series that's American in production.

Never really felt the appeal of Laurel and Hardy, or *gasp* Chaplin. I love Buster Keaton, though...can't explain that!

Quote: Aaron @ February 12 2012, 7:27 PM GMT

What about Laurel and Hardy?

Though Laurel, who wrote them all too, was from over here, wasn't he??

Only House? And I'll bet the sci-fi series is Star Trek TNG. You probably watch The Walking Dead as well because you hate Americans and only watch shows with British actors. I am going to campaign to cleanse these forums of such vile thoughts.

(I'm kidding, of course.)

;)