Sherlock Page 54

I note that there were also references in the rpisode to the use of inside men (Moriarty's break ins) and to Sherlock and Moriarty being in many ways the same.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ January 15 2012, 10:36 PM GMT

Very enjoyable last episode and the whole Moriarty is an actor paid by Sherlock plot line was brill.

But...mightily pissed off over the fake death of Sherlock. Was really hoping for the 'reveal', but it never came. No doubt, fans of the show will come up with a dozen explainations on how he did it, but it smacks a bit of lazy writing.

Smacks a bit of the pavement arf arf

Now that was good, clever stuff and surprisingly dark with no need for sexual shenanigans. The assassins getting shot was a lovely dark joke.

Made alot more sense than the other 2 episodes.

Only tiny niggle, wish morifarty would stop hiring assassins.

I love Moriarty. I know a lot of people think he's a bit ridiculous and has too silly a voice to be scary. But I do find him very sinister indeed.

Quote: sootyj @ January 15 2012, 10:47 PM GMT

Made alot more sense than the other 2 episodes.

I seem to remember you speaking quite highly of the first episode?

Quote: sootyj @ January 15 2012, 10:47 PM GMT

morifarty

:D Was that on purpose?

Quote: William Purry @ January 15 2012, 10:42 PM GMT

Apparently a lorry full of bin bags was seen and the hot theory is that:

Sherlock lands in lorry on concealed air bag.

He than whips out a handy stiff. Meanwhile he was misdirecting Watson's attention just before.

Plus Sherlock was the one who chose the rooftop as the meeting place. I just hope they don't gloss over it at the beginning of the next series and conveniently leave out little details such as identification of the body by a relative, the autopsy, the embalming, etc., etc.

Still, I am nitpicking and overall, a bloody great episode.

Aside from the tedious kidnap plot in the middle, it was a pretty fun watch. It was all massively ridiculous, Moriarty has never quite convinced, and I fear the How-Sherly-faked-his-death explanation will be very unsatisfying, but it was still entertaining Sunday fluff.

Quote: zooo @ January 15 2012, 10:47 PM GMT

I love Moriarty. I know a lot of people think he's a bit ridiculous and has too silly a voice to be scary. But I do find him very sinister indeed.

They're wrong; they just want the older, smooth version again, this was more like Sherlcok crossed with Heath Ledger in The Dark Knight; great updating.

Martin Freeman's acting by the gravestone was flipping good.
I may have had something in my eye.

Quote: zooo @ January 15 2012, 10:46 PM GMT

The little girl was scared of Sherlock's face. Maybe there's someone else out there who looks sufficiently similar...

Ooh, I forgot about that. Well deduced Sherlock zooo.

Hee.
I'm never right mind you, but is a fun idea.

I think Andrew Scott has done a great job with Moriarty, completely loopey in a very sinister way.

So the consensus seems to be Molly helping switch a corpse, and Moriarty not being dead (hopefully)?

Don't think I.Ds etc need to be a problem, if the top of the govt is helping out

Quote: zooo @ January 15 2012, 10:47 PM GMT

I thought the actor playing Moriarty was awesome. From sitting on the throne in the crown jewels, to the court appearance, pretending to be a children's TV actor to the final rooftop scene, the bloke stole the show.

Funny how it followed the pattern of the first series, with two great eps sandwiching a slightly underwhelming middle one. I mean, in both intances the middle eps were sort of decent, but not in the same league as the two either side.

Does anyone know morse code?! Could Moriarty have been tapping out an agreement with Sherlock that they both fake their deaths so they can continue playing away from public gaze? Something that needed to be staged as assassins/police/media would be watching- one camera doesn't seem enough if we're setting up hidden cameras as a pivotal key... damnit, going to be making substandard guesses for what, three years, now?