Sherlock Page 59

If you turn the words IOU upside down it reads ION which is what I think I left on when I left the house this morning. Spooky!

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ January 16 2012, 12:23 AM GMT

We actually see Sherlock dive off the building, fall, and eat pavement.

Then we see him evidently dead on the ground.

If the program makers try to slice it any other way in future they're cheating.

This is the big problem. The way it was filmed left no room for ambiguity. We saw someone who looks like Sherlock jumping off a roof and splattering on the ground.

Going back and suddenly adding another 30 seconds of footage to the timeline is going to look terrible. (and is cheating).

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ January 16 2012, 2:50 PM GMT

This is the big problem. The way it was filmed left no room for ambiguity.

I see plenty of room for ambiguity. The bags we saw beneath the building (to cushion the fall) Watson being knocked over so he is dazed and unclear about what was going on plus plenty of illusionists have done bigger and more improbable stunts (it's not magic ya know :))

Quote: roscoff @ January 16 2012, 2:55 PM GMT

I see plenty of room for ambiguity. The bags we saw beneath the building (to cushion the fall) Watson being knocked over so he is dazed and unclear about what was going on plus plenty of illusionists have done bigger and more improbable stunts (it's not magic ya know :))

I'm talking about the timeline. In other programmes, they factor in a few extra seconds to do the improbable gubbins. There were loads of people on the street when it happened, you would notice if someone landed in a lorry full of bin bags as a female Bart's medical worker dragged a body onto the pavement and then ran away.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ January 16 2012, 3:06 PM GMT

I'm talking about the timeline. In other programmes, they factor in a few extra seconds to do the improbable gubbins. There were loads of people on the street when it happened, you would notice if someone landed in a lorry full of bin bags as a female Bart's medical worker dragged a body onto the pavement and then ran away.

I dunno I was in Westminster when Dave Cameron beat Tony Benn to death with his pipe.

There was blood everywhere, the screaming was awful and Dave laughed like a crazed hyena.

But no one saw a damned thing.

True, but then earlier in the episode it was highlighted how easy it was to change the opinions of 12 people (i.e. the jury). Also you see people on the pavement before he jumps, but you don't see how many people were there the moment he does (not that I can remmeber anyway, might be wrong!)

Quote: M smith @ January 16 2012, 3:09 PM GMT

Also you see people on the pavement before he jumps, but you don't see how many people were there the moment he does (not that I can remmeber anyway, might be wrong!)

Three seconds after he became street pizza, there was like 20 people milling about to obscure Watson's view of the corpse.

As for Molly lugging a dead Moriarty down several flights of stairs, dragging his corpse into the street and leaving it there for everyone to see - hmmmm. Unimpressed

Well we see Sherlock on the top of the building, and we see he's alive at the end, so something has to happen in the middle :lol:

I just thought it seemed about right (i.e. dragging the body downstairs by molly), as why else would Sherlock have specified that location?

Quote: M smith @ January 16 2012, 3:18 PM GMT

Well we see Sherlock on the top of the building, and we see he's alive at the end, so something has to happen in the middle :lol:

Sherlock dressed Molly up in his coat and pushed her off the building. :P

What's to say that there aren't two jumps and two falls?

Sherlock jumps from one side of the building, this we see but we don't see the landing (into the rubbish truck?)

Not Sherlock (Moriarty's body/doppelganger/handy corpse) is "thrown" from a slightly different angle, this is what we see hitting the pavement? And, potentially what Watson sees?

One thing that confuses me is that the assassin can see both Sherlock (he needs to see him jump) AND Watson, but I guess, he can't see Sherlock's landing point for the same reason as Watson, his view is obscured by the low building.

Quote: Tony Cowards @ January 16 2012, 3:22 PM GMT

Not Sherlock (Moriarty's body/doppelganger/handy corpse) is "thrown" from a slightly different angle, this is what we see hitting the pavement? And, potentially what Watson sees?

Again, there are witnesses all over the street. And this isn't some low profile nobody, his face was plastered all over the papers.

'Do you wanna hear something funny love? I was doing a delivery at Bart's when I saw that Sherlock Holmes fall in a bin lorry. Then somebody dragged a dead body on to the street and left it there...'

Just watched it on iPlayer again. You see him jump and fall, but there is a slight cut, and then you see a body hit the floor, right next to a lorry.

You'd also (possibly?) expect the blood spatter to be bigger from that height surely? suggesting that the body that hits the pavement is maybe thrown from the truck?

Also, the pavement is quiet when he jumps - people run over from other sides of the street when they see the final fall/hit of a body.

I don't think you'd recognise someone as they fell at 50 miles an hour past you straight on to their face.
And then if you stuck around to see the gory details as he got turned over, he had blood all over his face.

Whatever the reason, it's never going to live up to this speculation, is it?

Quote: zooo @ January 16 2012, 3:35 PM GMT

I don't think you'd recognise someone as they fell at 50 miles an hour past you straight on to their face.
And then if you stuck around to see the gory details as he got turned over, he had blood all over his face.

If you'll come with me to the roof, zooo, we'll test that theory. ;)

Okay! *pushes you first*