Sherlock Page 53

Quote: chipolata @ January 13 2012, 4:52 PM GMT

Or bogged down in "excitement", if the Baskerville episode was anything to go by.

Can't argue with you there Chip. I think it's probably because they took the action out of London. The neon lit cityscape has been a separate character in the series and was sorely missed.

Quote: chipolata @ January 13 2012, 4:52 PM GMT

Or bogged down in "excitement", if the Baskerville episode was anything to go by.

The Gatiss version of Baskervilles was the least frightening version I've ever seen (with the possible exception of the Peter Cook and Dudley Moore version).

You have to go some to make such a great story as pedestrian and thrill-less as Gatiss did.

Take a look at the 2002 BBC version by David Attwood. Just watch the first five minutes; it's terrifying.

That was briliant Godot thanx!

And here's a trailer from tonights episode!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xp-DL6t4G4

atleast the plots are getting more convincing

You're all missing the point, it had an important political point to make. The silly plot, the elaborate and unlikely mechanism in the Dewer's Hollow, the glowing red eyes and the villain in the mask were clearly all a satire of Scooby Doo.

Quote: sootyj @ January 15 2012, 8:12 AM GMT

And here's a trailer from tonights episode!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xp-DL6t4G4

atleast the plots are getting more convincing

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

If only it was going to be that good.

That was f**king good. I am not even going to entertain listening if you bunch of nitpickers say it wasn't.

F**k yeah, massive congratulations to all involved with the series, super jealous and hugely annoyed that we'll have to wait so long for more. And the music was excellent, kudos to David Arnold and Michael Price, if I'm correct

Very enjoyable last episode and the whole Moriarty is an actor paid by Sherlock plot line was brill.

But...mightily pissed off over the fake death of Sherlock. Was really hoping for the 'reveal', but it never came. No doubt, fans of the show will come up with a dozen explainations on how he did it, but it smacks a bit of lazy writing.

It was 'triffic; Moriarty was bloody good, such a great baddie. Sherlock and Moriarty's two big scenes together was pretty electrifying stuff. And yes, we all know he wasn't really going to be dead, so don't blooming moan about it.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ January 15 2012, 10:36 PM GMT

No doubt, fans of the show will come up with a dozen explainations on how he did it, but it smacks a bit of lazy writing.

It smacks of leaving things dangling to go into series three! Which we hopefully won't have to have another 18 month wait for.

I do have a theory, I'm sure everyone does!
But for gawd's sake, it's not lazy bloody writing just because they don't reveal everything straight away!
Obviously they'll have to reveal what happened when they make more.

Relieved that the writer didn't drop the ball, was a bit worried as the two other TV things of his I've seen haven't been the best. Certainly his Dr Who was poor in the extreme.

Quote: zooo @ January 15 2012, 10:37 PM GMT

Obviously they'll have to reveal what happened when they make more.

I just hope it isn't cheap. I know they left themselves some options such as Sherlock's conversation with Molly and the cyclist hitting Watson at just the right moment.

Apparently a lorry full of bin bags was seen and the hot theory is that:

Sherlock lands in lorry on concealed air bag.

He than whips out a handy stiff. Meanwhile he was misdirecting Watson's attention just before.

Quote: William Purry @ January 15 2012, 10:42 PM GMT

He than whips out a handy stiff.

Oo er missus.

The little girl was scared of Sherlock's face. Maybe there's someone else out there who looks sufficiently similar...

Bit sad Moriarty's dead; unless he faked it aswell to force Sherlock's hand; such a great baddie and top performance.