Life's Too Short Page 26

Quote: Timbo @ December 1 2011, 10:00 PM GMT

Is it just me or does the Evening Standard journo comes across as a patronising smarmball:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/home/article-24016452-get-shorty-warwick-davis-bites-back.do

That reads like a premise for an episode.

Quote: Nil Putters @ December 1 2011, 11:45 PM GMT

"F**k off, Les" Laughing out loud

That was hilarious.

More Barry and Les all round would have been good I think. And more Ricky and Steve - those are my favourite scenes, personally.

Well, my biggest disappointment in last night's episode was the bit with the estate agent. It was all too similar to the Extras Christmas special bit where Andy had Maggie pretend to be his assistant to make him look like a big shot during an interview. If I'm not mistaken, it was even the same actress playing the estate agent as it was playing the journalist.

I did, however, get a chuckle out of the aforementioned line about Warwick possibly hurting himself while 'playing.'

Interestingly though, it seems to be doing very well with viewing figures on iPlayer https://twitter.com/rickygervais/status/142654691749269505

Quote: zooo @ December 2 2011, 5:57 PM GMT

Interestingly though, it seems to be doing well with viewer ratings on iPlayer https://twitter.com/rickygervais/status/142654691749269505

Almost 4000 people who probably would've watched it were at Stephen Merchant show last night!

Bloody good point!

Quote: Aaron @ December 2 2011, 1:44 PM GMT

The viewing figures are an embarrassment. People are not just not watching now, they're actually switching off during the show.

Rev - 1.24m
Life's Too Short - 1.04m

Surely these low figures have something to do with ratings juggernaut I'm A Celebrity being on at the same time?

As I'm sure most people on here are aware, Ricky just finished editing the pilot for his new sitcom using his character Derek (which I'm sure we don't need to go back over again!)

Anyway, will be interesting as Steve isn't involved in this at all. So will be good to watch and compare how Ricky works on his own, compared to as part of a duo as well as if Steve makes any difference to their dynamic?

Humphhhhhhh
This show stunk, it is not funny in the slightest. There is no real comedy, and it's full of the patina of a Gervais/Merchant show but without the humour.

Quote: AJGO @ December 2 2011, 6:00 PM GMT

Almost 4000 people who probably would've watched it were at Stephen Merchant show last night!

I assume that the same could be said of last week's episode. And the week before? Doesn't make the ratings any better, sadly.

I think she was just talking/joking about the iPlayer figures, rather than explaining the lowness of the TV figures!

Quote: don rushmore @ December 2 2011, 6:21 PM GMT

Surely these low figures have something to do with ratings juggernaut I'm A Celebrity being on at the same time?

You'd have thought some of the reality show addicts would be missing LTS and then catching it up with it, yes. Apparently, the iPlayer ratings for LTS are good. And that's the biggest drawback of iPlayer for any TV channel, the fact that they can severly dent a show's normal viewing figures. Still, I believe LTS started with 2m so it's still bad news for them.

I think the majority of reviewers are being too harsh on it and expecting way too much. You take away the similarity thing and it's a very funny sitcom. It just isn't perfect this time, and people are now expecting that of them. Is that really fair? We don't expect perfection from lesser sitcom writers.

The Steve Carrell think was weirdly underpowered.

Haven't watched any of these yet.

I must have been one of the few that actually enjoyed episode 4, it was for me the funniest yet.