Life's Too Short Page 25

Is it just me or does the Evening Standard journo comes across as a patronising smarmball:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/home/article-24016452-get-shorty-warwick-davis-bites-back.do

The Evening Standard is the worst value for money paper around,

For me it's got better every week. They should've started with a stronger episode, but still a lot of folk would've complained about the similarity to The Office and switched off, so you probably can't win if you're G&M. The more the show focuses on Davis, the better it gets. Davis is fantastic in the role and I no longer care if he is Brent like. Not as good as G&M's previous but still easily the best sitcom on TV at mo. imo.

"F**k off, Les" Laughing out loud

Jeez... This week I didn't laugh once. I'm a monster fan of Merchant & Gervais but-

That's it for me. I shall watch no more.

Pointless. Teary

Give us something new!!!

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ December 1 2011, 10:28 PM GMT

For me it's got better every week. They should've started with a stronger episode, but still a lot of folk would've complained about the similarity to The Office and switched off, so you probably can't win if you're G&M. The more the show focuses on Davis, the better it gets. Davis is fantastic in the role and I no longer care if he is Brent like. Not as good as G&M's previous but still easily the best sitcom on TV at mo. imo.

Jeez, thanks Alfred!

On the back of this I have just watched episode 3 on iPlayer. Dire isn't a fair description. Ep 4 has no chance.

Interesting, I noticed the final credits come up with the usual HBO/BBC logos, but also "in association with Backlash Productions". Getting their defence in first, I suspect.

Whilst I did laugh at a number of points in episode 4, one word just kept coming back to mind: "lame". It's just all so 'meh' and going-through-the-motions, I don't know what further can be said about it. Limp.

Quite a few laughs last week, mind. Again some really pathetic tosh, but funnier - the laughs are isolated though. You don't get an impression of any cohesion throughout an episode.

Ah well, theres always Derek and Afterlife to look forward to, see how they turn out!

It's interesting to note that Gervais could end up working on 3 sitcoms and the writers of Peep Show could too (all on C4 I believe). Seems like all the new sitcom commissions are going to the same, established writers without giving new writers a chance. And if LTS is anything to go by it seems like the quality's going to suffer.

The book shelf climb got my biggest laugh this week.

Funniest bit for me so far was the few minutes of Liam Neeson.

:) Life's too short to sit through this, I have tried but no laughs, too small rewards, and tiny positive feedback = Ricky you have failed this time, we don't get it ok.

The book shelf climb was plainly ridiculous. It was sign-posted to the nth degree, in fact the whole episode seemed to be leading to that scene from the start. Forced and ridiculous to me does not maketh the laugh.

Also, the toilet door in his new apartment. No one puts a handle that high on a door, and I noticed the actual fixture on the door frame was lower down. Now, if this had been done for a good reason it could be fine, but just simply to fit in another ' ooh look, isn't he small ' laugh, then it just simply doesn't hold up.

This is my problem with this show. It simply isn't clever enough and relies totally on his size and a perceived dislike of him from everyone else to get its laughs.

It's lazy, ham-fisted and annoying.

The one funny line was his assistant talking about the table, saying he could run into it when he was 'playing'. This line is good, because it plays on her thinking that just because he is small, he still is a child, and needs protection.

More of this and less of the sight gags and it would be a lot better.

I am done with Life's Too Short. Last night's show was not in the slightest bit funny, and nor have any of the others been in fact! But, last night's show was for me 'the straw that broke the camel's back'!

I am embarrassed for all cast and crew members. I think that the BBC need to read the scripts before commissioning such claptrap, not just assume that because RG & Smerch are onboard that it will be solid gold. (I think those days are sadly over!)

I've not yet seen the viewing figures for last night's show but I fear that it is heading towards the sub 1 million (and none of those million will be 'classic Gervais / Merchant fans, I look at LTS like I would at say... My Family!) Utter UTTER rubbish!

Goodbye RG & Smerch, it was good while it lasted!

The viewing figures are an embarrassment. People are not just not watching now, they're actually switching off during the show.

Rev - 1.24m
Life's Too Short - 1.04m
Frank Skinner's Opinionated - 1.16m

Who'd have thought that a prime time Ricky Gervais sitcom would have such a poor following?
I certainly never would! Even I've washed my hands of it now, and though it pains me to admit it, I think RG has had his day!