Trollied - Series 1 Page 4

I don't know anything about this show but it's got a very shit title. Makes Lunch Monkeys sound like post structuralism.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ August 4 2011, 12:00 AM BST

I don't know anything about this show...

Noone does, it only starts airing tonight. Yet it already has three pages of debate.

Hi Jack

Thanks for the apology. I personally think it is good to have differing opinions as long as weapons aren't involved. I don't consider myself to be particularly well read. I read different sorts of books maybe. At present I am reading Missee Lee which is a kids book, before that I read a crime thriller called Iron House by John Hart. As to pedestals it seems to me you are looking me squarely in the eye - as I say one man's forthright opinion is another man getting on a pedestal and claiming a loftier intellect - not something I have ever done. Maybe it comes across that way sometimes to some. Irony and humour not always clear on forums. As to my work. Well some of it is better than others. Sometimes other forces control the finished product. But the point I was making re art and time is that the Art in Cheers, for example, we haven't moved on from, mores change, hairstyles change, people change but the essential truths remain. And it is the essential truths that ART addresses I reckon. They are there in Chaplin. As to all good or all bad I simply meant from one person's view. There are few areas so selectively subjective as comedy. I quite liked Lab Rats, for example, which some others didn't. As for not taking the 'hack' work, I don't blame you. Lots of different ways to get in and on in TV I guess.

Is this the programme someone on here once claimed was stolen from him..?

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/21576/

My first post and very interested to see Trollied tonight.

I submitted a supermarket sitcom to SKY in April 2010 entitled: BOGOF. Sort of 30Rock in a supermarket.

As well as the script, the logline was:
BOGOF is a workplace comedy set in a large supermarket where a deputy store manager must cope with her crazy staff, irritating customers and a brash new boss sent by Head Office to shake things up.

Sky got back within 24 hours saying they had a supermarket sitcom project already in development. Fair enough, great minds think alike. As I say, interested to see their take on the concept.

Quote: Marc P @ August 4 2011, 8:32 AM BST

Hi Jack

Thanks for the apology.

I'm glad you accepted it, because I really like/respect people with who you can freely express a difference of opinion without it turning into a grudge.

Quote: Jack Daniels @ August 4 2011, 2:07 PM BST

I'm glad you accepted it, because I really like/respect people with who you can freely express a difference of opinion without it turning into a grudge.

Good point - which happens all too often on here. Nature of the beast I guess. Fair play to you!
:)

I also started working on a Supermarket script a couple of years ago - more of a comedy drama though. It's not really hard to think up a situation like this and - like Mikey - the vegetarian butcher is so obvious really.

Quote: MattP @ August 4 2011, 1:24 PM BST

My first post and very interested to see Trollied tonight.

I submitted a supermarket sitcom to SKY in April 2010 entitled: BOGOF. Sort of 30Rock in a supermarket.

As well as the script, the logline was:
BOGOF is a workplace comedy set in a large supermarket where a deputy store manager must cope with her crazy staff, irritating customers and a brash new boss sent by Head Office to shake things up.

Sky got back within 24 hours saying they had a supermarket sitcom project already in development. Fair enough, great minds think alike. As I say, interested to see their take on the concept.

That sounds suspect to me...24 hours? Since when did any company reply so quickly.? maybe they saw the potential and said they already had a similar product, to fob you off. :O

Not that you're stirring or anything. ;)

Quote: bushbaby @ August 4 2011, 8:44 PM BST

That sounds suspect to me...24 hours? Since when did any company reply so quickly.? maybe they saw the potential and said they already had a similar product, to fob you off. :O

What do you think is more likely; a suspiciously quick turnaround because they had something on the go, or a suspiciously quick turnaround because, as opposed to EVERYTHING else we know about the television industry, in that time they were able to read his script and decide to steal the premise?

I've been giving it a watch right now, it's dire.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ August 4 2011, 9:15 PM BST

I've been giving it a watch right now, it's dire.

So I expect they'll be commissioning 3 more series as you read this.

Well... I think they should have gone with Aaron's second suggestion because I really don't know what that is that I just watched.